Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Tricky bloody landlords in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
A landlord got me over to his property today under false pretences having been "given my number by someone else saying that I would commission his dodgy (DIY) boiler install". I obviously told him where to go as I don't do this and never will do.

He will also be receiving a bill for wasting my time but I want to make it categorically clear to this idiot what he has done. I wondered if there is a list of things that are null and void such as home insurance, his public liability etc as well as any potential prosecution etc. I really want to put the frighteners on him as he was so pleased with himself for doing the install. Needless to say he very quickly backtracked and said somebody else had done it as soon as I told him it there was no chance of me doing it

Any links or documents would be massively appreciated guys

Again tho its the installer the actual customer walks away from this , i informed gas safe few months back about an illegal boiler and all they said is that i better commission it .IMHO the whole gsr is a complete joke i come across so many illegal installers its ridiculous. And best of it is when i saw the local gsr inspector and told him he never believed me . Its as if they think they are on top of it lol

Cheers Mas

I would drop most of my landlords in a heartbeat if I didn't get so much work off of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tricky bloody landlords in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
My landlord's great at getting all the Scottish government funding that's going, and there's full insulation, double glazing, an airsource heat...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
hi all i got myself in a muddle. a friend of a friend came around at xmas to help me line up two copper pipes for shower bar install. the pipes...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock