Discuss Trianco Redfyre 15/19 cycling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Tyrrell

Gas Engineer
I got called to a breakdown to this boiler and found that the motor had given up because the pump had seized solid. Replaced both and set it up according to MI but now the tenant says that the boiler is starting up and switching off all the time, like it's skipping a beat.I haven't a clue as to what could be causing it to do this so if anybody has any ideas I would be grateful :)

​photocells throw up some weird and wonderful faults. Could also be the solenoid beginning to break down.

Photocell look so , and then oleo is was replaced along with the pump. That's why I can't work it out. The only thing I didn't do is replace the photocell so if it keeps doing it I'll try that. Cheers

I meant looks good & solenoid. Customer has just texted to say that it's gone to lockout again !!!!!
thatmeans I have to go back in the morning, before I go to plumb in a load of mashtuns etc for a new brewery. At least the day should end up ok :)

If its not locking out Id go for photocell staying 'open' (continuity test with meter) or control box.

Checked for air ingress into the oil line if all the other is OK?

have you maby kinked the oil line or something? maby oil is seeping thru and then going to lockout because of lack of oil?

Cheers guys, I went back and had another look at the problem, checked everything and it still went to lockout!
i took the inspection plate off the fan cover and tried again, only to see that the fan tried to turn and stopped causing it to go to lockout. I took it apart again and found that when the new oil pum wasn't connected the fan spun freely but as soon as I put the oil pum on again it won't turn properly, hitting a tight spot on each revolution. I removed the oil pump and checked it. The new pump appears to have a tigh spot andI think that this is causing the problem. New pump ordered and I'll see what happens today :)

Hope there's no dirt or water in the new oil pump? :smile:
I clean or replace oil filter & flush the oil line every time I replace an oil pump or hose.
You should have a stock of different oil pumps. You are wasting a lot of your time & fuel. It's not a great experience for a customer if you can't replace a standard part immediately. I keep a few of most Danfoss standard pumps bfp Left hand - 11, 21 & 41 & a couple of right hand. Also at least a couple of each Riello pumps.

Thanks Best but my customers are more than happy with the jobs I do for them, it's usually when I come across a boiler that 30 years old, as this one is. I don't carry a lot of spares a aI have a small van and I don't do enough pile work to make it a priority at the moment, besides that, I usually plan things so that I do collect stuff all at once. Of course there's the odd occasion where I can't fix it because I have got the stuff but that will always happen. I'm just starting to get the garage organised so that I can keep some stuff in it but if you could see my garage you'd know that it's a big job and I don't seem to get the time at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trianco Redfyre 15/19 cycling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock