Search the forum,

Discuss Trap O Rings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

village idiot

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Has anyone got an idea the best place to get O rings for sink and basin traps? I need packs of 10 preferably. So as to cut down on cost and repeat purchases. Thanking yous for your assist:yes:

mcalpine sell them as a seperate item. Most merchants will have some, prob in a pack of 2 for ÂŁ5. phone mcalpine sales and tell them you fit loads of the traps but sometimes need spare washers and beg. :)

always interested in a new supplier to compare prices,
this site is very expensive, try BES, you will save a lot

Used to shop from BES, but we had an 'arguement'. I asked for one thing and another was supplied (order made and confirmed over the phone with female staff). When it was delivered, I tried to have it returned but they insisted I was to be responsible for the return postage fee? I told them to get lost as their female staff was to blame. Never used them since

Well before you order these there not o rings o rings are circular in section these are washers or seal rings wouldnt want you falling out with another company

too small an amount for me to fall out with anyone.
besides, they will always be used for summat else. I di keep the part from BES and use on another job though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trap O Rings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an issue with the standpipe trap in a 3-year-old flat. This flat came with a fitted dishwasher that has been completely unused for that time – until now... The weekend before last, I thought maybe it was about time I tested it out running empty – it all worked fine and it drained ok...
Replies
Views
I have a dripping sink trap which it seems needs a replacement washer. Sink trap kits I've found contain the right type of washer - a flat O-ring, but the sizes tend to be 32mm or 40mm. The 32mm are a bit small and the 40mm way too big. Any idea what I should be looking for?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
D
I wonder if anyone can help, I've tried several plumbers merchants to no avail. I have removed an old stopcock, (which seized long ago, with a newer stopcock just above) as it had been leaking from several places, mainly at the bottom where it joined the 3/4" threaded female end on rising main...
Replies
Views
I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It had a welded fabricated boiler. I've seen such heat exchangers leak within 7 years from new. No wonder the Potterton heating production manager said...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock