Search the forum,

Discuss towel rails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
A friend of mine bought a towel rail from B&Q which i installed today for him which inolved removing old rad etc etc .Anyhows upon refilling system one of the welds as usual sprang a leak so he phoned B&Q and told them the issue so off we go to get another towel rail .When we are in the store i'm just browsing at bits n bobs on the shelves as my friend is complaining about the towel rail he bought.He tells the staff member that the plumbs is not happy as he quoted £80 to fit it only to find he has to fit it again as your product leaked .
She then pipes up saying £80 is a rip off and should have got a cheaper plumber ,fact is i am not charging my friend anything as he passes alot of work my way i quoted £80 to him as thought it was a reasonable amount to say to her ,and hopefully get a voucher of sorts .

Now does anyone else think fitting new towel rail at £80 is a rip off? This is what i probably would have charged anyway this includes bit of pipe say two half hours work any couple quid in materials

She has o right whatsoever telling customers what is or isn't a fair price for a plumber. That beach needs a slap

I was stunned to be fair when i over heard her say it , my mate defended my price saying well good job plumbs quoted that as he's waiting around now to which she replied he's still dear !!
Makes you wonder if you cant get £80 for a towel rail then whose fitting this and at what price

Well someone could probably do it in 2 hours and some people only charge say £40 per hour so I'm guessing a fair few would charge that? Could be wrong though

£80 is cheap. I normally charge £120 minimum.

You should report that assistant to her superior.

Fair price in my opinion. I once worked for Block & Quayle as the resident expert plumber between proper jobs and always had a plumbing job to do on the way home because customers didn't trust plumbers. Figure that one out.

Fair price in my opinion. I once worked for Block & Quayle as the resident expert plumber between proper jobs and always had a plumbing job to do on the way home because customers didn't trust plumbers. Figure that one out.

lol custs never trusted plumbers yet got a plumber to do plumbing lol

Prices vary by whatever part of this disunited kingdom you hail from. There's no such a thing as a standard price.

lol custs never trusted plumbers yet got a plumber to do plumbing lol

I know, muppets. "I don't trust plumbers, I prefer to ask the lad who runs the plumbing dept in the local DIY store."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to towel rails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock