Search the forum,

Discuss Towel Rails on the DHW primary circuit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worcester

Esteemed
Plumber
I've just received a tender document for a major refurb and the architects specification calls for the towel rails to be installed on the DHW cylinder primaries. (Fully pumped, unvented heating system)

This used to be common practice a few years back, - I can't find any reference to whether it is or isn't allowed under the current building regs - can anyone point in the correction direction, or so long as they have TRV's on them, is it a still allowed practice?

Pretty sure it isn't allowed any more, I think you have to put them on their own separate zone valve so they are controllable.

Pretty sure it isn't allowed any more, I think you have to put them on their own separate zone valve so they are controllable.

That's what I thought, gone through the regs, can't see it though, maybe I'm missing it..

TRV's = controllable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Towel Rails on the DHW primary circuit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, In my house the boiler (standard heat only) is in the garage and the flow and return run in 28mm under the first floor bathroom and into the airing cupboard across the landing where the cylinder, pump and motorised valve are I want to put the bathroom towel rail on the main...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
We currently have the ground floor wet UFH and upstairs rads running from an unvented condensing boiler. Any advice/experience on the following please:- The 1st-floor and 2nd-floor landing will retain radiators but they will be added to the underfloor manifold as a single zone as it will...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice please. My system has 5 Drayton Wiser TRVs. There are 8 rads over 3 storeys and a 170l unvented cylinder. One of the attic rads is in the same zone as the cylinder so just has a "dumb" TRV on it. The two bathroom rads also remain without TRVs and I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock