Search the forum,

Discuss Towel rail sizing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

brum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi guys am doing a bathroom fit and replacing rad for towel rail I think 1200x600 flat chrome.I think this is more than adequate for room 1800x2600 2400 high 2 no outside walls,what do you guys think and what is the btus req for a room of this size as customer is a bit odd and has asked question thanks..brum

Your room needs 1650 btu ( sorry old ) towel rail 1500btu, so you would think close enough.
But generally will be covered 2/3rd with towels.
I would go with 1500mm or 1800mm
or explain to custard the reality of covering it with towels.

Thanks for that chalked will go with a bigger one old building walls prob not insulated..brum

Towel rails the general rule is to go for as big as you can as they are not very efficient and as chalked says they get covered in towels

Re: Towel rail sizing - go for biggest.

Thanks for that chalked will go with a bigger one old building walls prob not insulated..brum
It is really hard to oversize the rad in the bathroom...Is there a suggestion in the building regs, that the bathroom should reach 25 degrees, when the other rooms are at 21?I my bathroom I had put a double panel convector 800X700mm, instead of single panel convector 800x600mm. The bathroom is 1.8mx2.3m, and has two outside walls and a single glazed window. So now the thermostat head is way more responsive, and can meet the councils bathroom temperature suggestion...Also it avoids the draft, which blows the shower curtain to your body during showering :) Such thing occurs in most UK bathrooms in rented properties with thin shower curtains, lack of insulation and tiny rads. (when you start having a shover at 15 Celsius or bellow :)And ladies seem to love that thing too (warm bathroom)...And the hotter the bathroom, the less chance of condensation/mould growth...Obviously this sort of job was done for myself, and 700mm high rads are not as cheap per BTU as 600mm ones...

Towel rails the general rule is to go for as big as you can as they are not very efficient and as chalked says they get covered in towels

I'm with Tom, biggest I can get in! You can get fancy double tube stuff but they come well off the wall.

That's one room I like toasty :presents1:

sadly most bathrooms cant fit a good sized rad. As a rule with towel rails fit as big as you can if its the only heat source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Towel rail sizing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock