Search the forum,

Discuss Towel Rail adapter alignment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to fit a couple of adapter bosses like this....

ae235

Into the bottom of a heated towel rail.... problem I have is that it only seals when fully tightened, but the side spigot then doesn't line up with the pipework. I have tried (10 turns) of PTFE tape, but the boss still can be easily rotated on the thread. I have jet blue, but aren't confident that it would work with a "loose" fitting. How is one supposed to tighten the fitting so that the side spigot aligns with pipework, but water doesn't leak out of the radiator, without bottoming on to the o ring? Fit several o rings, washers, or what?

Can you send some pictures as would be easier to see how far off the alignment is and what set up you have?

I can see the problem, I have never used it but have a look at loctite 577 , pretty sure thats the product , I have seen a video somewhere , try youtube.

I get your frustration.
Better if it were a straight fitting and with a taper thread !

I know it's a bit of a different one but have you tried some gas ptfe tape. its a lot thicker than standard ptfe so may be the solution you need,
Thanks,
Andy

I know it's a bit of a different one but have you tried some gas ptfe tape. its a lot thicker than standard ptfe so may be the solution you need,
Thanks,
Andy
not yet. I was waiting for responses before trying something new. :)

loctite 577 and remove the o rings

I don't mind using loctite 55, just make sure that you cross it over itself or you will find it never works. If I get really stuck then I use loctite 577, But I find that sometimes it is a pain to undo if you ever need to.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Towel Rail adapter alignment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock