Search the forum,

Discuss Towel Rail adapter alignment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to fit a couple of adapter bosses like this....

ae235

Into the bottom of a heated towel rail.... problem I have is that it only seals when fully tightened, but the side spigot then doesn't line up with the pipework. I have tried (10 turns) of PTFE tape, but the boss still can be easily rotated on the thread. I have jet blue, but aren't confident that it would work with a "loose" fitting. How is one supposed to tighten the fitting so that the side spigot aligns with pipework, but water doesn't leak out of the radiator, without bottoming on to the o ring? Fit several o rings, washers, or what?

Can you send some pictures as would be easier to see how far off the alignment is and what set up you have?

I can see the problem, I have never used it but have a look at loctite 577 , pretty sure thats the product , I have seen a video somewhere , try youtube.

I get your frustration.
Better if it were a straight fitting and with a taper thread !

I know it's a bit of a different one but have you tried some gas ptfe tape. its a lot thicker than standard ptfe so may be the solution you need,
Thanks,
Andy

I know it's a bit of a different one but have you tried some gas ptfe tape. its a lot thicker than standard ptfe so may be the solution you need,
Thanks,
Andy
not yet. I was waiting for responses before trying something new. :)

loctite 577 and remove the o rings

I don't mind using loctite 55, just make sure that you cross it over itself or you will find it never works. If I get really stuck then I use loctite 577, But I find that sometimes it is a pain to undo if you ever need to.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Towel Rail adapter alignment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had no end of trouble recently fitting a heated towel rail. First problem is tightening the fittings so that it is tight in the correct position/orientation for the flow/return pipework, these have o rings for sealing but are not always water tight at the correct position. Also some of...
Replies
Views
I have a water filled towel rail which has been working for several years. It is now getting very hot and making a noise. Do these loose water over time and need topping up? Could this be the problem or a faulty thermostats or element? Any way to diagnose the problem? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have an Eastbrook Hurley towel radiator and fitting it as a dual fuel, with pipes coming out of the wall. I've been advised to get a T-Piece which the electrical element then fits underneath it, and then a manual valve fits into the side of the T-piece. On the other side...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I hope someone might be able to help me please. I have recently paid a fortune to have my en suite shower room refitted and part of this was the fitting of a dual fuel towel rail. I have been having some problems with it but have recently noticed that one of the valves seems to...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic control. The hot was not getting hot enough recently so (under instructions from the manufacturer) I removed the allen key valves bottom left and right...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock