Discuss Towel Rad heating element ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dusty23

Evening all , right heres my conundrum . I have made a few stainless rads for customers before , yes made welded etc not just stuck some fittings on !

My current customer wants me to make a towel rad using 28mm copper tube , the desing is simple enough as a series of bends , the down side is that I will need to fit the heating element horizontaly . I have been looking on the net and found elements specificaly for horizontal applications , but is there is any reason why I cant use a standard element in a horizontal application .

Any help would be gratefully recieved .

Cheers Dusty

Does a copper towel rail come with a PRV or an expansion vessel lol

The rad will be plumbed in to the heating system aswell as the previous one was , it is a fancy design element of a swish bathroom !
The price of the element is not important , it was just a curious question and I did not want to fit a standard element and embarris myself when it failed . I have looked to see if they say don't use them horizontal but also don't say you can . Just wanted to be safe !

Cheers for for the replies

dusty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Towel Rad heating element ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am replacing a standard rad with a towel rail in the en-suite and the existing pipes are 10mm Speedfit and not easy to change. The wall is...
Replies
Views
Hello, My current installation is an 8Kw Morso Stove, about 20 years old, connected to: An indirect coil in a vented cylinder (on the ground...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Hi lads. I haven’t done one of these for quite some time but I’ve been asked to fit the towel rad with an element but the supplied valves are...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, hope someone can help me find a solution to this problem please. I have 3 wet, stainless steel, ladder towel rads fed from pressurised ch/hw...
Replies
Views
I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock