Discuss tool to remove chrome of copper tube in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sasik

any body know if there is a purpose made tool to remove chrome of cooper pipes before soldring?

thanks

brings back memories !!! lol spent full days before filing chrome

this seems to be a bit of a hot topic though because it is really annoying, I'm interested in this acid that has been mentioned but no one can confirm the actual name of it

i do have a dremel tool but which attachment would you say will be best for the job?

Last edited by a moderator:
elbow grease and a ******* (smooth file) takes about 90 seconds and i've not had problems

crikey i can't even call a fatherless file fatherless even when thats its real name! crikey this swear filter is a bit zealous!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tool to remove chrome of copper tube in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock