Search the forum,

Discuss tool box!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'd like some advise on tool box's. I've had a few tool box's over the last few years. I've had some cheap small plastic box's that dont last a month. I bought a stanley 26inch box but that was big and pretty awkward to carry to boilers, I also found tools would mix up in it and were a pain to fish out! I'm not keen on the bags but I would like any advise on you mite have on these. The tool case has also caught my eye. I'm after your advice and what you guys are using
Cheers

i use a tool bag for my everyday tools with a toolbox in the van with all my other tools in. oh and welcome to the forums.

The tool bags are handy if you don't put too much stuff in them. If you bump into a door frame, they shouldnt do any damage, unlike a box.
The cases may seem the best solution, but I found that the large case was too big in awkward wee places, when you had to open it, as it doubles in size. Very professional looking though, & all your tools can be kept handy to see.

I tend to keep my toolbox in the van theses days and take what I need into the house in one of these......................

images

I tend to keep my toolbox in the van theses days and take what I need into the house in one of these......................

images

Handy also if you leave a leak, - or need one! Lol!
I sometimes carry a large flexible tub, which is great for water or putting all the bits of scrap or rubbish & even tools in it & saves a lot of walking ( as on another thread! ).

I got a tool tray from wickes ÂŁ8 this is for my soldering stuff, screwdrivers i.e. (maintenance tools) and looking to get a 26" tool box for my trowels, spatulas, i.e. which will stay in van.

got this case for when am doing repairs etc then a elctercains bag for my heavier stuff when doing the installs

Attachments

• 100_1279.jpg
    100_1279.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 108
Bod, that does look more professional looking than a bag or box stuffed with tools, one on top of each other. Think I will get my case (samsonite) & use it again, or perhaps get a smaller one.

Handy also if you leave a leak, - or need one! Lol!
I sometimes carry a large flexible tub, which is great for water or putting all the bits of scrap or rubbish & even tools in it & saves a lot of walking ( as on another thread! ).

I have a couple of gorilla tubs as well, best buy, really useful for rubbish and like you say scrap. Good for a quick getaway and onto the next one :)

I've got to agree with the blue toolbox.

http://www.twtools.co.uk/online-tool-sales/TOOL_BOX_BLUE_20_C_W_STORAGE_TRAY.html

Its perfect for working on boilers/servicing. Its a decent size and pretty light so you shouldn't have many problems carrying it, unless you absolutely ram it.

Its nice and solid, so you can use it as a step, which comes in really handy.

The two trays have dividers which you can alter the position of, to suit your tools.

I think its used by a lot of big companies like British Gas, National Grid, etc.

I'd recommend it to anyone, I might even get myself another (one for servicing/repairs and installs).

Last edited:
I can't open the link, but I'm more into the heating and oil boiler side of this industry, and finding something to keep all the relevant tools in is pretty hard, I tend to use mainly combi spanners on boilers and burners, my next step is probably going to be a tool roll for my spanners, screwdrivers and allen keys. I couldn't get on with the bag I had.

I can't open the link, but I'm more into the heating and oil boiler side of this industry, and finding something to keep all the relevant tools in is pretty hard, I tend to use mainly combi spanners on boilers and burners, my next step is probably going to be a tool roll for my spanners, screwdrivers and allen keys. I couldn't get on with the bag I had.

I have a little Rolson tool bag for the oil that I picked up from tool station. I try to keep my oil tools seperate. Not nice changing taps in somebody's house with smelly spanners. :)

ive tried so many times to have several smaller boxes with dedicated tools in like one for boiler repairs one for electrical one for plumbing etc but ive always come back to a big box in the van and a medium sized box which i fill and remove acording to the job and then if i need more its the bucket
big boxes are a pain to carry once full and unless your working in large offices/hospitals with long corridors and lifts the wheeled ones are even worse

Last edited:
very out of fashion now days but have the advantage that when placed on the floor you can see every tool and dont have to dig around you can get a bottle and bender in one with the tools probably the best for site work

The blue bg ones are the best. I put all my tools in that and then have an open toolbox for soldering gear and pipework tools

I've got to agree with the blue toolbox.

TOOL BOX (BLUE) 20" C/W STORAGE TRAY

Its perfect for working on boilers/servicing. Its a decent size and pretty light so you shouldn't have many problems carrying it, unless you absolutely ram it.

Its nice and solid, so you can use it as a step, which comes in really handy.

The two trays have dividers which you can alter the position of, to suit your tools.

I think its used by a lot of big companies like British Gas, National Grid, etc.

I'd recommend it to anyone, I might even get myself another (one for servicing/repairs and installs).
Great bit of kit. Handy for standing on to reach the higher case screws or flue test point and sitting on to fill out paperwork.

ÂŁ140 my arse as he said in royal family
My Ex bought me one. Best tool-bag there is! Solid, well made bit of kit. I worked with a guy who spends ÂŁ40 a year replacing his cheaper tool-bag that eventually falls to bits. My veto has had about 2 years of daily use and still looks new.

Stopped using it day to day in favor of BG toolbox. (found this a bit handier) My brother noticed I was not using it, so decided to help himself for day to day service/repair.

I got myself a BG Toolbox for the heavier tools when installing. Doing servicing/breakdown I got myself a Parat case, looks good although a bit pricey but it should last longer than its predecessors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tool box!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey all, First post here, am an avid DIY'er and I'm putting in my mother-in-law's bathroom this weekend, this will be the 3rd bathroom that I've put in, however, I always get by with the poor tools that I have. In your experience what would you say are essential tools? I'm also looking to buy...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Hiya - posting in this forum as I'm guessing this relates to my neighbour above's boiler, but I may be wrong so please say if so. Basically the attached pix and vids show my issue. I've got a small copper-looking pipe protruding from the wall above my rear tenement bedroom. It's dripping almost...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors for unclogging tho we never experience ours clogging up. Sure we had it clog up once and had it blown out with high pressure water from local plumber...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am in NSW, AU, trying to replace the washers in some shower taps but have not been able to find a tool to undo the nuts holding the handles on. I can perhaps brute force it but this is a rented property so don't really want to do that! The nuts are octagonal! They have a slot in them but...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock