Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet troubles - not flushing in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I have zero clue about plumbing. Recently my push button flush has been reluctant to flush first time round, and now refuses to at all!

For background the tank is full of water.

Is it hard to fix for a person who knows nothing about the world of plumbing? Is there a way to "manually" flush the toilet in the meantime?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi all,

I have zero clue about plumbing. Recently my push button flush has been reluctant to flush first time round, and now refuses to at all!

For background the tank is full of water.

Is it hard to fix for a person who knows nothing about the world of plumbing? Is there a way to "manually" flush the toilet in the meantime?

Thanks in advance!!
Depending on the type of flush siphon you have it can be very simple or a real pain. Post a piccy with the cistern lid off and any details of make model etc. Centralheatking

Until we know what setup you have, the simplest manual flush you'll get is half a bucket of water chucked into the pan to clear it until we can help you get it fixed.

Depending on the type of flush siphon you have it can be very simple or a real pain. Post a piccy with the cistern lid off and any details of make model etc. Centralheatking

I've added a couple of pics. No make or model unfortunately!

Attachments

• IMG_20200302_114436.jpg
    IMG_20200302_114436.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20200302_114445.jpg
    IMG_20200302_114445.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 24
Looks like a pneumatically operated flush valve. Could be the clear plastic tube that's split or the actual push button that's given up the ghost.

If the pneumatic hose is just pushed onto the back of the button, simply pushed onto a little spigot, you can at least eliminate the bellows inside the button from being at fault by pulling the hose off and blowing sharply down it. I don't mean just blow on it like you are doing a dandelion, actually seal your chops around the end of the tube and give it a good blow.

If the flush valve lifts and flushes the toilet, it's probably the button at fault. If it does not flush the problem is in the flush valve inside the cistern or the hose is split somewhere.

Give it a test! (and report back with your findings)

Its a Grohe flush valve, there are two possible faults here, 1 is the small bellows you can just see in the top of the cistern near the plastic piece. You can disconnect the plastic tube from the button and blow down it if it flushes its the button if not its the small plastic bellows under the white plastic frame. This will unclip to take out. be aware of its position when you take it out. Good luck

Reply to Toilet troubles - not flushing in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock