Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Toilet Flush Connection Problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brashbaz

Hi Guys.
I am installing a new bathroom with the help of a young plumber.
The toilet is a back to wall with a concealed cistern. The Box it came in say's "VAIL". My problem is the flush connection seems too small. It measures approx 50mm dia tapering down to approx less than 40mm dia. The Rubber Bush just pops out!!
The flush pipe supplied is 50mm dia (for connection to the cistern) and 47 ish dia for connection to the Bowl.
I spent yesterday touring the diy sheds for a smaller bush and a different flush pipe, with no luck.
What am I missing.

Regards Baz

Would a rubber bush for a soil stack boss fit? I have used them in the past for such jobs.

Could do. I am off to our local Plumb Center this afternoon to have a look. Ta Baz.

Hi Guys.
I have been to Wicks, B&Q, Focus, City Plumbing & Plumb Center. And have drawn a blank!!.
Just had an email from the supplier.......T"he TC concealed cistern has standard fittings known as “common parts”. You always will require adapting the WC units to suit. In some instances you may require to fix a timber baton to the rear of the unit and then fix the cistern to the timber. We sell hundreds of these products and have never come across a problem with the parts not fitting."
What am I missing?

Baz.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember having a devil of a job trying to sort a leaking flush pipe on a concealed system last year. it was a kind of push fit into the cistern and I couldn't stop it dripping, and I couldn't get at the base of the cistern without ripping apart the bathroom. Managed to get it to seal with an adhesive sealant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet Flush Connection Problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Relatively inexperienced homeowner here. Apologies in advance if I get any terminology wrong. Today I noticed some limescale accumulation...
Replies
Views
Hi there, The issue that I am having is I am building a new house and the plumbers are absolutely hopeless. Being an industrial plumber and...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone and thanks for having me as a member. I hope I'm in the right place, being an amateur! We have a Grohe old-style Eau2 concealed...
Replies
Views
Hi from the USA- I'm a plumbing engineer and master plumber in the USA who is going to be building a new home and plan on using European wall-hung...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock