Discuss Todays Strange Meter Connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

cmarkr

Gas Engineer
I may be being really dumb here, come across this today. ECV basically flush with the floor allthough perfectly accessible. then 2meters of lead pipe going out to the regulator through the meter sat on a shelf, then another GSR has piped 22mm away from it obviously in a strange route. Although clearly this all looks strange/wrong, I cant actually fault anything am i being stupid, it just looks so wrong?

IMG_0267.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0269.JPG
    IMG_0269.JPG
    995.5 KB · Views: 30
Maybe they asked if the meter could be changed then found laterbone they weren’t going to do it etc

Maybe they asked if the meter could be changed then found laterbone they weren’t going to do it etc
Done this job today, and you were bang on the money.... Just couldn't work out wtf was going on when i quoted it.

Do the national grid rectify old lead pipe and move the meter closer to the ECV for free normally? The custy asked if i knew as they hadn't pursued it but i have no idea....

only if its a standard ana away eg swap wont change unless its leaking or unsafe if its like yours

They may reposition that one. They will have to change the regulator and connecting to the lead will be more messing around than dropping the meter to the floor, and using an anaconda if the ECV. Easy to connect the outlet.

Unless there is an issue out of sight

Reply to Todays Strange Meter Connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock