Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Timer wiring installation in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Matty Birch

Matty Birch GSR

Hi guys need help wiring up a programmer to glowworm betacom . usually have an electrician that charges me £40 but has today let me down, have done basic wiring before before never installed stats. Will attach a few photos and beg for guidance (manufacturers either arent clear or i cant look past the end of my nose)

Thanks in advance.

20180529_112152.jpg

20180529_112311.jpg

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

What timer is it mate?

3. Harvest Fields

Make sure it complies with boiler plus or you have something else that does. Link live and common in the timer back plate and connect the RT on the green boiler block to terminal 3 in the back plate ( if it is a wiresless programmable stat )?

4. oz-plumber

oz-plumber Plumber

Pal,
    If you can't understand what is required off the wiring diagram, get a sparks in.
    As far as I can see, there are a couple of options available, depending on the thermostat requirements and the boiler requirements.

5. Harvest Fields

That’s why I asked what stat/timer it is mate

6. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Looks like a Drayton backplate

I'm guess migeni

7. hammers4spanner

hammers4spanner Plumber GSR

Reckon so says in grey section Mitime.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

Be careful what you link to or you could blow the board ! 230 or volt free connection

9. Matty Birch

Matty Birch GSR

Cheers guy for response lads . its a drayton mitime . will have a nest in in next few weeks (due a full rewire) but my usually sparkys have a good bank hol i think and isnt answering phone, comments really helped got there in the end my idea was to take rt to common live (dont ask lol) any decent wiring courses out there tou could reccomend? North west based

10. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

baxi 3 day wiring course

did you remove the 24v link?

11. Harvest Fields

Good point.
    Good point.

12. Stoney Ground

Stoney Ground GSR

Danfoss or Honeywell both run good courses and hands on.