Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss This doesn't make sense? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

6397Luke

Can anyone help? A friend of mine has 2 CWSC in her loft. The two are linked by a 22mm pipe near the bottom of the tanks and both have independent float valves.

I'm told that the second tank was fitted to enable the installation of a shower pump?

Anyway, only 1 tank has an overflow which now continuously pours out water. I've replaced both float valves but this hasn't solved it but when I isolate the feed to the tank with no overflow, the second tank stops overflowing.

This tells me that one tank is casuing the other to overfill, however replacing the float valves hasn't sorted it and I can't understand why or how to solve it?

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated?????

Thanks.

Because they're linked the water level will settle at the same height (above sea level - not above cistern bottom level) so one overflow must be lower than the fill level of the other tank.
Reduce fill level by lowering the ball on the float valve arm on the one with the higher fill level, or increase overflow height on the other one.

Just out of curiosity, is this a new install of the 2nd cistern?

only need one filling valve if its been installed correctly with take offs in other cistern,

only need one filling valve if its been installed correctly with take offs in other cistern,

If they are relatively small tanks (say 2 x 25ltr) on a 15mm feed and HP ballvalves (with their tiny apertures), its worth putting a valve in each - it substantially reduces the chances of a long shower draining the storage.

As per water regs, you also need an overflow in every cistern that has a float valve. But as above, if it's only two cisterns only one float valve needed. I also thought you had to have two link-pipes, one at the bottom and one in the middle of the cisterns to promote water circulation..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to This doesn't make sense? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
Hi, one of the two hooks on my toilet Torbeck fill valve has broken, and so the float can't connect. I've bought a new fill valve, however it's...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, I wonder if you could help me. The overflow pipe drips intermittently from the large cold water storage tank in the loft. Not the small F and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all, looking for some advice about an overflowing cold water tank. Each morning the tank has continued filling up, so by the morning we have...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock