Discuss This 2025 ban on gas boilers in new builds..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Sorry if this has already been covered but how badly do you guys (and gals) think this will affect the gas industry in terms of work, wages etc? Some of my mates aren't overly worried, some are. 50/50 split I would say.

Depends on how much new build work you plan on doing in the future, there are if it's true 25 million homes in the UK the majority of which have gas CH (95%) which will still require servicing, repair and and eventual replacement.

Typical government,

Heads up there arses with no real investigation into utilising the supply network with alt or mixed fuel.

Maybe we should all go green and have solar pv/thermal panels & electric heating. Oooopssssss....

They buggered that one up with feed in tariffs and no real concept on how to implement correctly, aka fields & fields full of solar down here in Cornwall with the farmer sorted, Kerr-ching...

I know what I’m about to say is not about gas but from an article I read some time ago the government is suggesting oil fired appliances will be rolled out by a certain time as well, some countries in Europe have already banned the use of their grade of heating oil. I can understand the reasoning behind it but what you have to remember is if the government tries to enforce this then there will be a large % of households nationwide that have no primary heat source, it would cost the government billions if not more nationwide to get each dwelling complying, especially when you take into the fact that the majority of house owners could not afford to change over systems. They use what they do because it’s the only option of fuel. I don’t think this is much to worry about right now.

Reply to This 2025 ban on gas boilers in new builds..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
We are building a new 2 bed bungalow and looking at Heating / Hot water options. Although Gas is available we are keen to not have it connected...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock