Discuss Thinking about Tado in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

morallydubious

Hi,

I have recently moved into a new build and I am looking to replace the thermostats with something a little smarter (currently Tado but happy to take recommendations). The current installation is 2 zones, the main thermostat controlling the reception rooms, kitchen and water cylinder. The second zone controls the bedrooms and bathrooms, thermostat is in the main bedroom.

The problem with the setup is that the thermostats can't be programmed to cope with the odd working hours of the wife, so we are either heating when not required or the wife is constantly putting it on boost. Also with zone 2 controlling the bathroom towel rails it means we can't dry towels in the summer without heating all the bedrooms.

My thinking was to install tado. This would tick the box for only heating the home when someone is present. However I am not sure how it would work for the towel rail problem. I assume this would require thermostatic valves everywhere to ensure the towel rails heat but the bedrooms don't? I have heard that you shouldn't place the valves in the same room as the thermostat?

Any help would greatly appreciated?

Cheers

have the towel rads made dual by installing heating elements in them.

Thanks I had not thought of that but unfortunately I have no power in there locations

if you have a tado or a nest or hive during the summer you would have to turn all other radiators of and run the heating stat at a high temperature otherwise it wont come on because they all use the local weather to decide how much heat your house needs. simplest would be to see if an electrician can get power to the towel rads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thinking about Tado in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock