Search the forum,

Discuss Things that annoy you (plumbing and heating related) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh i only popped out for five minutes what time did you call (if it was only five minutes you would know)

A classic is "oh you want payment now? I thought you going to send me an invoice"

You wouldn't go to tescos and take your shopping and say to the security guard as your leaving - send me an invoice mate I'll defiantly pay you!

It's ok he won't bite as a 5 stone dog runs down the hall and smacks you right in the balls With its head When you have both hands full grrrrr

I always carry my tool box in front of me when I enter a house for this reason!

Merchants getting the wrong part in so I then have 3 hours with nothing to do except phone the customer and apologise!

Taking off a boiler and all the plaster falling off the wall........GRRRRRRRRRR

Can you give me a quote for a new boiler ?? I've seen the Vaillant one I want on the internet for £800 inc VAT........GGGRRRRR !!!

Or taking it off and finding a huge hole in the wall that wasn't made good 10 years ago.

Happened to me 2 weeks ago. Not just a gaping hole but loose brickwork around it. Instead of having him up and running didnt even get the boiler on the wall until the next day after having to build it up. How the boiler that I removed stayed on the wall I will never know.

96 year old customer

photo doesn't do it justice. The blocks were placed in the hole, and majority of the brick work above them were loose.

20150409_123956.jpg

Last edited:
Going to quotes and the customer saying 'oh i just mussssst have a Bosch'

Just because you have seen a cheesy advert and have a Bosch drill for your dodgy DIY it doesnt mean you know everything there is to know about boilers!!!! AGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

When customers call you asking what the problem could be.... Answer "I'll need to come and have a look"

The Toilet is dripping now, is that anything to do with you .......................I'm working on the Central Heating so No it is not i usually sort it for them anyway but very annoying like they play dumb or they really are i don't know.

Can i use the toilet/washing machine/ etc ..... Yes i am working on the central heating

I'm easily annoyed it seems

This was n here a few months ago , i love it , thanks to who ever posted it, i have used it twice.

You can call this evening i finish at 6 ..........
Plumber answers yes , so do I

"I'll soon sort that out for you girl!"

F'nar f'nar f'nar. .....

anyone else think that John has hit the dirty old man stage of his life, now he dribbles at any post involving inuendo ? :):):)

Had a bloke yesterday. Asked for llgs/service. Sent an engineer there and he has removed a gas fire himself. Can't turn on gas as he has an open end. I spoke to him on the phone and told him he shouldn't be touching it and if he knew it needed doing y didn't he say instead of knowing full we'll it wasn't just a service. Said I would send the engineer to pick up a cap and replace for £20 virtually cost price because I didn't want to loose the £78 on the service. Said it was expensive and he will pick up now and do himself!
Then I got another call, bloke has moved his own gas meter to and it's hanging mid air. He just of removed to install the new kitchen unit. Then he finds the boiler is not piped up on the hot and cold! Then a final call to say there is no gas. After all this I tell him he's gunna get charged for the callout to which the bloke says he's not paying because we havnt done the llgs/service. 1.5 hours of wages and overheads it's cost me.
I phoned southern gas and said the customer has carried out illegal gas work and we weren't able to test if it was safe as no gas into property.
Had a similar p*** taker last week asked for a service when boiler was locked out. When we had quoted for £250 worth of parts they tried topping up after we left and left filling loop open on Glowworm boiler, blamed engineer for leak saying he left it like that denied touching it. Refused to pay for 2nd visit. Hate people like this. Absolute skanks

Would it help if i moved my car off the drive ?
Then you wouldn't have to walk up the road to your van.

Not getting offered a tea or coffee, despite the amount of hints you drop - " you got enough water in the kettle for tea before I turn the water off" ......................

Or not getting offered as the custard makes one for him/her self.......

Ok then the bill just went up £10

the tea would of been the cheaper option.

Fat lazy slobs who move nothing, put the washing machine on just before you turn up, moan that the free boiler upgrade is taking two days, make no tea all day, shout and scream at their kids because they're too lazy to get up and entertain them...

I've had a shocking day. J.D and coke time.

Fat lazy slobs who move nothing, put the washing machine on just before you turn up, moan that the free boiler upgrade is taking two days, make no tea all day, shout and scream at their kids because they're too lazy to get up and entertain them...

I've had a shocking day. J.D and coke time.

Jd it must have been bad if you've bushed past the Malibu and b52

Don't have too many or tomorrow might be even more of a nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Things that annoy you (plumbing and heating related) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Hello to everyone.Im a newbie here. plumbing & heating+GSR engineer.
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock