Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss thermocompact burner problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

march

hi, got sent to a job this morning to look at a vaillant thermocompact 242/e. boiler was firing and then continuing to spark and going out after 20 or so seconds, took front panel off and saw that when the boiler fires only half of the burner was lighting and sometimes the whole burner was lighting but with a very weak flame on the right hand side.

checked the burner pressure and this was ok

checked ignition leads and tips and these were fine

im thinking maybe a blockage in burner or injectors but anyone elses thoughts and opinions would be hugely welcome!

ps, finished my apprenticeship last month so quite new to fault finding on my own!

thanks, ill give the injectors a good clean out and get some compressed air on the burner and see if that sorts it

take the burners out and give em a wash out if needs be. thoroughly dry it out (obviously)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to thermocompact burner problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am troubleshooting a gas hob where one burner is reluctant to light. When it is lit and I blow the flame out the FSD on that burner cuts off...
Replies
Views
I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am not sure whether anyone ever saw this issue.... My Worcester Bosch boiler was installed last year August, since then I found the...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Hello My trusty Vaillant 242 EH is having some issues. It has developed an issue when firing up the burner. The fault is seen with the hot water...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock