Discuss The NIGHTMARE NEIGHBOUR Next Door in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

village idiot

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
My next door neighbour has gone and done it this time?
He has planted at least TEN of those trees (Conifers I think they are called) that grow quite high.
In as much as most will say what is my problem, but he has planted it exactly at the boundary line? My problem is, as it grows, it will encroach into my land. WHY oh WHY oh WHY? When I asked him why that choice of plant, he said he just wants to live in peace. REALLY

Auger bit into the base under cover of darkness spirits of salt poured in problem solved

Chop off anything that hangs into your garden and chuck it back into his garden.

Chop off anything that hangs into your garden and chuck it back into his garden.

Thanks Simon, but that will only get me into trouble with the law.
As the law stands, you can chop off what hangs into your property, but under no circumstances should you chuck it back at theirs. THE LAW IS AN ARZZE

No its their property that you are returning, the law is quite clear on that. Just like its illegal to take apples from a tree in somebody elses garden that overhangs your own.

No its their property that you are returning, the law is quite clear on that. Just like its illegal to take apples from a tree in somebody elses garden that overhangs your own.

True that.

a couple of litres of drain cleaner works well.......I know hee hee

White spirit will sort those pesky conifers out!!

I would never advocate criminal damage, not on a 'public' forum, but kerosene has certain side effects.

if you hate the neighbour , let them grow and take the tops off when you cant see him anymore, ideal

I'd keep them trimmed perfectly to you boundary line, if they don't survive it's tough. And as said deposit the trimmings.

Don't hack them up, your side will look awful. Simply brutally trim them once a month in the summer and twice in autumn.
Top them out at 6' and once they are about 5 years old and some siZe but weighted onto his side as he hasn't been trimming them dig a 2' trench as close as u can to the trees cut all roots on your side. Oh the wind oh the wind. .

Thanks Simon, but that will only get me into trouble with the law.
As the law stands, you can chop off what hangs into your property, but under no circumstances should you chuck it back at theirs. THE LAW IS AN ARZZE

The law is if it is over your land and you chop it off you HAVE to offer to give it them back because its theirs but you can because its intrusion..Ive always found ( because if the amount of weeds near a boundary of coarse) a bit of nasty granulated weed killer in the soil soon sorts it..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The NIGHTMARE NEIGHBOUR Next Door in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock