Search the forum,

Discuss Temporary Soleniod Fix...Shoot me down...lol in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home from work tonight, house cold and boiler on lock out (Danesmoor 12/14). Reset lockout, away she goes. 20 min's later noticed that rad's had warmed initally but now cool. checks boiler & back on lockout. OK thinks I, no problem had oil delivery today and maybe boiler was on it's lunchtime run when the oil was delivered and kicked up some sludge which has blocked filters. checked both sets of filters, nothing serious cleaned and reassembled, check flow all good and off we go. less than 10 mins later lockout again. check once more 7 or 8 minutes back to lockout. At this point was watching and listening and could hear flame fail. PC ok so suspect solenoid. removed and bench tested (holding old centre punch), sure enough after 6 minutes on bench test fails after getting quite warm. Cold tonight so need to try a fix. Ala attached picture. Bender guide cable tied to solenoid body to act as heat sink, combined with turning thermostat down to keep the burn times lower and shes happly running. Now to order replacement solenoid and hope for delivery on Thursday.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mache1966/16469290376/

So what red neck tricks have you done in the past...lol

Cheers

Martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Temporary Soleniod Fix...Shoot me down...lol in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not been serviced in a long time and oil filters were bunged up as was the nozzle. I decided to service it with hopes it was simple starving of fuel from...
Replies
Views
Hi all, calling on your wisdom do a slightly unusual scenario that someone may she light on, I’m sure it is one of the usual suspects..typical timing when you live in the middle of nowhere up north where it was -11 last night and same tonight. Boiler shut down yesterday morning, was in the...
Replies
Views
A bit of advice please. I have a Grant vortex eco 26 oil fired boiler with a riello RDB 2.2 burner on a gravity fed system. If it hasn't been used for a day or two, when it tries to fire up the fan starts and a few seconds later you can hear it attempt to fire, this lasts for a second or 2 and...
Replies
Views
E
We have a Worcester Bosch Danesmoor 20/25 oil boiler that's quite old but has been OK for the 6 years we have lived here. It has on occasion gone into idle mode which I have sorted by pressing the solenoid. However when I tried to turn on the heating a few weeks ago it just locked out after a...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
O
Hi, I'm not a heating engineer and I have no intention of touching our boiler, but I really could do with some friendly advice regarding a weird fault. The boiler is an 8-year old ThermeconS90/120. Burner is an Ecoflam Minor 4. Nozzle is a 1.10/60 Location is a dry outhouse. When cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock