Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Tapping into a curved soil pipe. in the Fittings & Pipes area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Mason k

Mason k New Member

Has anyone any idea how i can run a shower waste pipe into a curved waste pioe under the floor.
    All the boss strap type connectors only seem to be designed to fit straight soil pipes.

Thanks for any help...
    Keith

2. joni os

joni os Plumber

If curve is in vertical plane, replace bend with branch and connect in above. For a curve in horizontal plane the flow from shower is too little to guarantee branch would self clean and a rodding point should be incorporated.

3. Mason k

Mason k New Member

Thanks for the quick reply...

There's no possibility of replacing it... I would never get the old one out as there is very little eblow room to get into it... somehow tapping into it is my only option, short of replacing the whole internal stack.