Discuss syphonic toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
and needs to go inside the siphon

Or be a type that screws onto the syphon.
I thought he was getting a bomb that matched his new syphon. Think any old bomb would have done as long as it was not too long or short & obviously fits the syphon.

The bomb needs to be suitable for the bowl.
Did you see the photo i put up best?

The rubber is same size as my old one.

I Take it the open bit on top/side of bomb should be slid inside of siphon?

so it should just slide up easy'ly?

also are bottoms of siphons not standard size? as if there any bigger? yes bomb will fit up it but then wont it be to big to go through bottom of bowl?

the spike bit of the siphon should go in the hole of the bowl and yes if the bombs internal it should slide in and looks like the dudley ones that take bombs must be a tad bigger internally.

Last edited by a moderator:
does say on the page i bought it that they fit dudley turbo siphon i was just gambling at them all being standard side so guess thats my next move.
grr what a pain in the butt

Also, if there are others following this thread, the Dudley bombs don't fit in the adjustable Turbo syphons, only the set height versions. Don't ask me why, spent ages and snapped 2 trying to get it to fit before someone told me!!

Also, if there are others following this thread, the Dudley bombs don't fit in the adjustable Turbo syphons, only the set height versions. Don't ask me why, spent ages and snapped 2 trying to get it to fit before someone told me!!

So does it fit any every other kind of dudley siphons or a certain one?
ie - turbo 88 ect?

one last question for advive when they say size as in 7" 8" or 9" does it matter which one i get? if i can find one local tomorrow i will be getting one and hopfully put a end to this hell or please just flush me away!

measure the size of the old one and buy a fixed version of that ie 8 inch, 9inch. you need to get the right size as well because siphonic bogs need a determined amount of water and flush to work.. hope that helps..

6 days 57 posts and still a toilet that needs attention.
Your point is?
ONE im not a plumber just a simple security engineer.
Two if the toilet was not syphonic it would have been sorted at first atempt but like many people i will learn from this and the mistakes.
Three if just one person googles info and comes across this thread and does not have go through what i have to solve this then ill be happy
Four lastly ied like to thank you for your very value'd helpfull input to this thread! :)

Have a giggle marc, look at it from our point of view, it is funny :)
you're getting more help here than you will anywhere else!

just means we will gently prod fun at you.

keep at it, most people would have ripped it out and thrown the toilet at the neighbors cat by now!

It just seems nasty when some things are said in print! Always hard to judge the tone of a printed comment! :smile: He is correct though, - easy job to a plumber.
Everyone has been helpful & sympathetic I think.
Get a syphon of correct height & take any old parts with you & the new bomb to compare.

I still stand by mine and Kevs opinion from a few days ago.
Rip the bleeder out and stick a ÂŁ50 B+Poo special in there. The one I fitted from B+Poo on Monday actually had fluidmaster flush and fill valves in it, I was most impressed ;)

Rip the bleeder out and stick a ÂŁ50 B+Poo special in there. The one I fitted from B+Poo on Monday actually had fluidmaster flush and fill valves in it, I was most impressed ;)

Nothing to beat a siphonic toilet, though! Ordinary loos are just so common! :smile:
I like that the bowl base is so high & the pan has large base & the works are so simple & reliable & easily repairable. My own is almost 40 year old (Armitage) & only has had a new washer on the bomb & the pan - cistern domed washer renewed very recently by myself.

Last edited:
Your point is?
ONE im not a plumber just a simple security engineer.
Two if the toilet was not syphonic it would have been sorted at first atempt but like many people i will learn from this and the mistakes.
Three if just one person googles info and comes across this thread and does not have go through what i have to solve this then ill be happy
Four lastly ied like to thank you for your very value'd helpfull input to this thread! :)

Point is 7 days and 68 posts.

Engineer, say no more.

20140404_162451.jpg
Check this bad boy out! Here I go. Again!

6 days 57 posts and still a toilet that needs attention.

Yup post 2 of this thread. If you followed the suggestion you would be sitting on a new throne having a whale of a time flushing turds down the old sewage highway instead of digging holes in the garden and burying your business like a terrier...:D

One advantage of this is you will have successfully completed your plumbing practical by the time you get the loo working properly!

Yep and qualify for a job as a grave digger....;)

I pity the forensic people for what they find when they turn up to investigate his neighbours concerns that he's been digging holes in his back garden & putting stuff in black plastic bags into them! :smile:

Last edited:
well 8 towels one flapper valve one b&q ÂŁ4 siphon one dudley siphon bomb and one dudley siphon later i now have a working toilet with one hell of a flush :)

Thanks all for all your help very much appriated.

Shame i never new what parts to get in first place then i would have saved mysef ÂŁ25 quid.

Must say thou im not sure why some people are saying they would run a mile if they seen these toilets as it was easy to fix with the right parts took me all of half hour only thing i had to do was cut stem on bomb a little.

for future Ref if anyone who needs to replace there syphonic toilets guts the bomb is on ebay 15 quid and the dudley siphon i had iN b and q ÂŁ18.

To those who say should have just bought a new toilet! Yes i some what agree but i always like to finish things i start as in beginning i never new it was a siphonic toilet. also the toilet goes with my bathroom suit plus the parts really only cost ÂŁ33.

Also ive kinda bounded with my toilet now even named her trudy :)

It taken a good few days to do this but remember 4 days of it was waiting for the bomb to be delivered.

Well thats it chaps thanks again and im off for a WELL DESERVED crap!!

Hi guys.

You are not going to believe this but it will make you laugh for sure as i am or i might just cry but...

Toilet still working fine :) after all that palava but and its a BIG but i have beach pebbles scarted on the boxing behind toilet well earlyer today i was putting them back after the weeks events of fixing toilet and guess what i only bloody dropped one on the back of the toilet where you sit( yeah ok dont laugh to much lol) its made a hole and i can see where toilet goes into pan the hole is size of a pound coin.

SO is there any tips for filling over this hole you pros might know about???? ive started to try put clear sealent on in so far bit by bit so i dont actuly push it to far in where the water will flow through.

Hi guys.

You are not going to believe this but it will make you laugh for sure as i am or i might just cry but...

Toilet still working fine :) after all that palava but and its a BIG but i have beach pebbles scarted on the boxing behind toilet well earlyer today i was putting them back after the weeks events of fixing toilet and guess what i only bloody dropped one on the back of the toilet where you sit( yeah ok dont laugh to much lol) its made a whole and i can see where toilet goes into pan the hole is sixe of a pound coin.

SO is there any tips for filling over this whole you pros might know about???? ive started to try put clear sealent on in so far bit by bit so i dont actuly push it to far in where the water will flow through.

Ha ha ha ha ha sorry ha ha
Best way to cover the hole is probably with the pebble....ha ha :p

Lol! Well, it is bye bye to the pan! That's why I hate people putting glass jars & heavy objects on shelves in bathrooms - just a question of when one is dropped & wrecks a bath or toilet.
Tec7 is a great sealer & works in damp, but maybe u want something more like clay.

For the love of god nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. fraid it looks like a trip to the merchants for a new washdown pan cos u cant buy new siphonics anymore. Its been emotional.

For the love of god nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. fraid it looks like a trip to the merchants for a new washdown pan cos u cant buy siphonics anymore. Its been emotional.

I actually have a new siphonic loo which has been in storage for years. I am no mug - it is there just incase some idiot drops something on my old loo! :smile:
Would be willing to sell it though! About ÂŁ2000 or nearest offer. :grin:

siphonic ? That looks like an old s trap washdown..

I got a second hand syphonic pan and cistern in the garage......

Champagne colour.

Bargain at ÂŁ200. Needs a good clean ( not included in price) :)

I have a siphonic loo to remove I disconnected the water off months ago.
tbh I would prefer to give it to someone, but probably not worth anyone using & it is coloured.

put it on ebay and say if you fit this you need a 3 litre bucket of water to throw down whilst flushing to make it work and legal.

i've read a number of these threads and still don't feel i have 100% understood what you should/could have on you to fix any syphonic loo you come across on first visit.

can anyone with a talent for crystal clear concision set it out in a few short sentences? hopefully with links?

my only concern is that if i have one on the van the customer will think i'm just not commited to repairs.

I would never bin a syphonic toilet...it would be like having a repair garage and a custard brings in a Bentley for you to fix and your like......"I wont fix it but I what I will do is throw it away and give you a brand spanking new Fiat 500"

and he's like...."WTF???"

Virtual Lavatory: <A HREF="works.html">How the WC works</A>: Pans

Hi this link is quite helpful. I also met a siphonic a while ago, fella wanted to keep it as it matched his salmon pink bath suite.... so I had to repair... lucky my plumbers merch had a good idea of what i brought in and also had the gubbins for it. Not sure it sorted the shoddy flush- that's why he called me in the first place. I did ask if it was better when i'd gone back to do something else but he was kinda vague?? ah well ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to syphonic toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Convertible 6/7/9 litre syphon in situ in our toilet, in house we moved into a few months ago. Looks most similar to the Dudley S90 Hydro, of...
Replies
Views
In the last few days we've had high water level in downstairs toilet. The first few flushes are good and waste flows away but eventually the water...
Replies
Views
I'm hoping some informed soul may be able to kindly point me in the right direction. - Ideal Standards toilet, though there is no obvious...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope you and your families are well. Our boiler in the family home is on its last legs. Our family home: Has a Halstead Iheat 35c. It...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock