Discuss Switching from Gravity to fully pumped - open vent position? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Yes due to the internal resistance of the coil manufacturer don’t recommend it for gravity

Thank you for all the feedback, we bit the bullet and moved the vent and feed, wasn't the easiest fit as it was so tight but we got there and all is working perfectly now. Also had hot water inside half hour of it being turned on as opposed to the several hours with the gravity system lol

That's either the VCP method or the combined cold feed and vent like my own.
To put the advantage(s) of the fully pumped vs the gravity system in perspective and assuming the HW cylinder is ~ 2.5M above the boiler then the circulating head is ~ 0.023M with the gravity method vs ~ 2/2.5M with the fully pumped method so easy to see the reason for the the vastly improved cylinder warm up time.

Reply to Switching from Gravity to fully pumped - open vent position? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock