Discuss Strapping pipe clips in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flappy8

Hi all,

I've seen some metal strapping which is sometimes used to hold soil/other pipes in position in voids etc. Its flexible and almost looks like bike chain but allows you to make your own constructions/custom brackets. Anyone know what it's really called or where to get it? Done some googling but no luck!

Do you mean all-round band?

Brilliant stuff, like gripfill, duct-tape and LS-X. You know its a bodge, but you always have it on the van! :)

Do you mean all-round band?

Brilliant stuff, like gripfill, duct-tape and LS-X. You know its a bodge, but you always have it on the van! :)

Ray, as a director I find it amazing that you know so much about the nuts and bolts plus technical side of the trade.
I take my hat off to you Sir.

Last edited:
Ray, as a director I find it amazing that you know so much about the nuts and bolts plus technical side of the trade.
I take my hat off to you Sir.

I would have thought that a deep understanding of all-round band, gripfill, duct-tape and LS-X put me firmly in the "cowboy" camp! But thanks for the kind words anyway. :)

I would have thought that a deep understanding of all-round band, gripfill, duct-tape and LS-X put me firmly in the "cowboy" camp! But thanks for the kind words anyway. :)

In my western book you're John Wayne.

Oh, and P.S.
Ermi's: Clint Eastwood
Croppie's: Eli wallach:)
I can feel a slap coming my way.

Last edited:
Do you mean all round band

That's exactly what I was thinking of - just couldn't find the right name - seems obvious now!
+1 for using correct clips where you can - however as everyone knows that's not always possible!

Pipe brackets where possible bit likes of underneath floors ., joists i always use clipstrap banding but surface pipes always brackets..dont think ive ever used the old duck tape yet. But never say never...

The clipstrap i carry in the van certainly wouldnt snap as you struggle to cut with snips sometimes ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Strapping pipe clips in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock