Search the forum,

Discuss Sponsored thread - www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk BETA test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant create an account using my gas reg number?

Hmmm. Assuming that you are the Martin that tried to create an account last night, using a Yahoo email address, then I have just activated your account.

Not sure why it didn't work via the gas-safe number, because about 20 people have used that successfully. Did you tick the "no publicity" box on your gas safe registration? If you did, then they wont release details to us.

Apart from that, it could just be techno-gremlins either at our end, or at gassafe.

I can't zoom in and out, which isnt a problem on the iPad but is a pain on my phone. Is that troubling anyone?

Apparently this is a "feature" not a bug. :) The site detects the screen size of the device you are using, and re-configures itself for optimum usability on that device. unfortunately, it can't scan my eyes, detect that I am old and blind, and put it in very large text.

Is that all the testing done now Ray ??

Is that all the testing done now Ray ??

It depends on what you call testing really. It is working, and we are taking orders from it - although we only have 30 or 40 customers registered - all from the Arms.

I am not planning a big marketing campaign - lets see how it goes. I would rather it grew gradually and we learn as we go, rather than rush for a zillion hits like some have done in the past, and then cock it up. I would rather we cocked up on a small scale first!

So its both "working" and being tested at the same time

:)

So there will be no Amazon or Screwfix style cock ups then when some disgruntled member of staff sells everything for 50p & then blame it on a computer glitch?!

So there will be no Amazon or Screwfix style cock ups then when some disgruntled member of staff sells everything for 50p & then blame it on a computer glitch?!

Bound to be. I might even do one myself to get the publicity! :)

It depends on what you call testing really. It is working, and we are taking orders from it - although we only have 30 or 40 customers registered - all from the Arms.

I am not planning a big marketing campaign - lets see how it goes. I would rather it grew gradually and we learn as we go, rather than rush for a zillion hits like some have done in the past, and then cock it up. I would rather we cocked up on a small scale first!

So let me get this right, your testing it on arms members? Good move, get it ironed out before you move on to the important clientel.

So let me get this right, your testing it on arms members? Good move, get it ironed out before you move on to the important clientel.

Yep, absolutely right. Where else can I get instant feedback, from friendly plumbers, but in privacy?

Seriously, this was the main reason for signing up as sponsors originally (although I didn't know about the arms then). Its just that the website is 10 months late, because we kept on getting distracted. :)

Yep, absolutely right. Where else can I get instant feedback, from friendly plumbers, but in privacy?

Seriously, this was the main reason for signing up as sponsors originally (although I didn't know about the arms then). Its just that the website is 10 months late, because we kept on getting distracted. :)

Its nice to know were usefull for something.

Need anyone to test the discount code function on the site Ray?? :wink:

Can't fault me for trying. Just saw it on the checkout :smile:

First order done.
how usefull,
sit the back of the van with the ipad, have a looky around and what stock to update!
minus one or two bits for a job :)

cheers ray,
privacy may be the problem lol,...

When you add something to your cart it doesn't appear in the shopping basket at the top of the page, this may be an IE bug though. It does appear on the checkout page though buddy :)

When you add something to your cart it doesn't appear in the shopping basket at the top of the page, this may be an IE bug though. It does appear on the checkout page though buddy :)

Thanks Ian.

Just loaded IE and it seems to work ok for me. I'm on IE 11 - what version were you using?

First complaint....

first lay in and i get woken up by ian

can't he tell i was sleeping!

First complaint....

first lay in and i get woken up by ian

can't he tell i was sleeping!

Thats not a lay in. A lay in is getting up at 7:30.

By the time Ian called you, it was past time for 2nd breakfast. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sponsored thread - www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk BETA test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
S
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock