Discuss Split heat exchanger on ideal logic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
I went to a ideal logic that is losing pressure every week. So won't fire. Have checked all visible pipework and valves no sign of a leak. I removed sump cover on front of the boiler and there was water under the heat exchanger. I dryed this off left the heating off and the water came back. Has anyone had to diagnose this fault before. I can't leave the boiler off at c/h isolation valves to see. If drop is on boiler or pipework. As it's a slow leak and need the heating on. Thanks.

I did get a drip or 2 down from the heat exchanger to the slump when turned off and all dryed out.

Yes you will get some , sorry I should have said , you will need to leave the boiler to cool down and any residual condensate to drain away , then up the pressure, after a few mins you will probably end up with a steady stream of water , if not just up the pressure a bit more .

I was getting it pooling in the back of there.

Attachments

• IMG_20191029_173836.jpg
    IMG_20191029_173836.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 28
I went to another ideal logic today. 8 years old with the same problem. Can I ask how long do you need to leave the boiler to cool do. I went and dryed the area out again under the hex and uped the pressure and it stated leaking down again. The hex was pretty warm though still for using the shower an hour or 2 ago. Do you usually get condensation tuning down from the hex when the boiler is operating?

shouldnt leak much after its stopped (condense) normally if its alot its split

Reply to Split heat exchanger on ideal logic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back