Discuss Speed fit for condensate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjdservices

Gas Engineer
Hi, I went to a cp12 and discovered that amongst other things (cooker hose on hob, prv coming straight out of the wall), that the condensate was in 22mm JG speed fit, 2 elbows and pipe. I AR'd the hob and the guy decided to ask me to fit a new one, and I changed the condensate and prv. If the guy hadn't been willing for me to change the condensate how would you classify it?

I would nt ,
it would look a **** in speedfit but as long as its terminated properly and not leaking on the gas pipe its ok in my book

I just thought about the metal in the fittings, although minimal it could react to the acidicy, and yes looked absolutely sh......

I just thought about the metal in the fittings, although minimal it could react to the acidicy, and yes looked absolutely sh......

stainless steel so wont rust/corrode

the metal in any speed fit isn't in contact with water if you think about it!! Bit it will outlast any 21.5mm overflow pipe by years, so in someways it is far better, not sure why it looks ****, as its the same as any plastic pipe fittings used everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Speed fit for condensate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our boiler is in the loft and I encountered a leak in a roof above our side extension store room which has transpired to be from the boiler...
Replies
Views
I have a CH boiler installation with a nice simple vertical condensate drain, down and out through the wall to a pipe outside. All is as it...
Replies
Views
Hi I am having problems in the bathroom with condensation when/after taking a shower which is causing mould. I believe I need an extra fan to be...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
Hi. Was looking for a house on sale the other day and just wanted something confirmed to me... Was there ever a time when a condensing boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock