Discuss Speed awareness course rant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanios

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
worked my arse off all week now comes saturday quick job in morning followed by a 4 hour speed awareness course... penalised for driving 70 on dual carriage way in my transit connect van. Its half size of range rover weighs 200kg less. with my tools probably the same as a fat ******* driving a range rover by itself. New van new brakes.

what an absolute joke

I`ve done 2 of these courses, once had 9 points on my licence yet the highest speed I was caught doing was 36mph. At the very least you can`t fail the course simply attending is enough and if like me you travel on these countryside A and B roads from time to time then you will learn something.

I had to go on one a couple of years ago. I thought it would be some holier-than-thou pillock preaching at me but it was a real eye-opener. It's surprising how much of the Highway Code you forget, and the bad habits you pick up...

I don't think my 2005 Combo will reach 70! it starts being unstable at around 65, suits me though.

Enjoy the course, will there be free refreshments?

Folklore /myth type story when the first motorway was opened ...............

Policeman approaches little old lady who is sitting in her Ford Popular and shaking at the start of the new motorway.

"What`s wrong dear?"

"I don`t think my car will do 70mph" she replies.

lol that means a transit taxi with 8 seats is a car!!!!!!!
a vw campervan derived or a citreon berlingo van, haha
so many holes in this.

mines a 12 seat landrover mini bus (lez compliant with 4 seats fitted)/utility goods van 3.4t unladen?????
work that out mr plod
heres my number for speed cam purposes.... IMG_0228.jpg

Another way to check your vehicle is to look at section 4 and J in the list and there should be either N1 or M1 from here you can google it.

So just came back.. pretty much a 4 hour slide show presentation. No refreshments at all just two guys, one room and a projector. 22 atendees at £100 each..

Done one a few years back,female traffic officer telling us all how awesome she was and we should all drive like her,she was so out of touch with reality and i left with opinion she could disappear up her own arris

Done one a few years back,female traffic officer telling us all how awesome she was and we should all drive like her,she was so out of touch with reality and i left with opinion she could disappear up her own arris
Ive got a mate with a sister copper of certain sexual disposition.. he doesn't dare speed with her in the car apparently she already grassed up one friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Speed awareness course rant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock