Discuss Speed awareness course rant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanios

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
worked my arse off all week now comes saturday quick job in morning followed by a 4 hour speed awareness course... penalised for driving 70 on dual carriage way in my transit connect van. Its half size of range rover weighs 200kg less. with my tools probably the same as a fat ******* driving a range rover by itself. New van new brakes.

what an absolute joke

I`ve done 2 of these courses, once had 9 points on my licence yet the highest speed I was caught doing was 36mph. At the very least you can`t fail the course simply attending is enough and if like me you travel on these countryside A and B roads from time to time then you will learn something.

I had to go on one a couple of years ago. I thought it would be some holier-than-thou pillock preaching at me but it was a real eye-opener. It's surprising how much of the Highway Code you forget, and the bad habits you pick up...

I don't think my 2005 Combo will reach 70! it starts being unstable at around 65, suits me though.

Enjoy the course, will there be free refreshments?

Folklore /myth type story when the first motorway was opened ...............

Policeman approaches little old lady who is sitting in her Ford Popular and shaking at the start of the new motorway.

"What`s wrong dear?"

"I don`t think my car will do 70mph" she replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Speed awareness course rant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am ashamed admit I haven't had a clean driving licence in 20 + years have attended 2 speed aware ness courses paid countless fines I have...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov)...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
AN organised crime gang is believed to be targeting vehicles across the borough in search of tools after more than 37 cars and vans were broken...
Replies
Views
L
Taken from that wonderful film, Poltergeist. I have been back to work 2 days after my op, what happens, bleedin emmets n...
Replies
Views
Back