Discuss sparks n boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Was in work today when a sparks came upto me and started going on about a heating issue on his boiler, plumbs he says my boiler at home is making strange noises and is kettling since i took the hot water cylinder out . He then goes into a story of for some reason why he had to take the cylinder out blank any pipework going into it and not put a new cylinder in !! He then asks dozens of questions about his heating then says because of the kettling issue he thought the heat exchanger may have been blocked so he stripped the boiler apart .

now i'm bemused about this as when i say he shouldnt be doing that and i can come and look he clearly says no point as he will do it himself , he then asks if i have any drawings of his system he has described so he can get to nitty gritty of his boiler issue along with more endless questions of heating diagnostics .

now i dont mind helping out here and there but some people just take the biscuit at the end of prob best part of 45 mins of questioning by him he decided he will strip boiler down again as thinks it will need a service and going to do his own power flush all this without the cylinder being in !!!!!

unreal attitude to health safety !

I've said it before and ill say it again

image.jpg

Get your own back . Tell him you've bypassed your fuse box and hard wired it with six inch nails, then ask him endless questions about if it's dangerous.

I would have told him to go away after a couple of minutes, it wouldn't have been a pleasant go away either.

I don't mind helping anybody, within reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to sparks n boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock