Discuss Someone got to start this one 🤔 in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

On a lighter note my oldest son was rushed into Hospital last night with high temp and breathing difficulties sore throat and aches and pains....just heard he is coming home has a severe chest infection put on intravenous anti biotic and steroids and oxygen sending him home with meds ...meanwhile my Brother and also my Brother in law are slowly recovering in different hospitals from Covid-19 GOD BLESS OUR NATIONAL HEALTH AND ALL THE STAFF frontline to behind the scenes....I for one would not mind paying a bit more tax/ National In insurance to make sure we maintain some of the best health care in the world....look after yourselves and your families....regards Turnpin
We will think about your family and yes a bit more put into the NHs is obviously a foregone conclusion after all this and all due respect must be given to the forgotten but vital workers in society whom we now really value.

They are currently being delayed not cancelled. Gas safe are still waiting for an answer on Landlord checks from the HSE. But I think that it is correct they are delayed for now.

If it hasn't been mentioned car and van MOT's have been exempted for 6 months, my tester told me after handing me my fail certificate with a bundle of work to have done a couple of weeks back grrrr.

Just a quick update my Brother in Law is home this evening resting as he is still quite weak my Sister posted on social media that it was very emotional as all the staff lined the corridor and applauded him for surviving this dreadful virus.......my Brother continues to make a slow recovery although he's still in Hospital....and my Son is recovering at home from his severe chest infection...God Bless all the staff frontline and those behind the scenes they make us proud and to all those key workers that have kept us all going at this very difficult time.......take care of yourselves and your families..regards Turnpin

Got furloughed for three weeks (all those outstanding jobs at home got done!!! -well, mostly :) ) now been back at work for a month: despite the lockdown we've still got tons of enquiries coming in, the estimators ae working from home trying to look after their kids and turn out a zillion tenders at the same time. Load more of our fitters are coming back as sites reopen, however still got most of the office staff either furloughed or working from home.

Morning chaps sitting here watching the early morning news this cronavirus business is really getting a hold now , two families I know have had holiday's cancelled to Spain, this is going to effect us all personally and business wise I am lucky enough to have a shower upgrade a weeks work for a retired couple who are happy to have me in their home , then a full gas central heating job in a empty property to do so won't effect my work situation for the next 3 weeks or so. I have a elderly mother with asthma who lives alone who I am obviously conserved about she lives a 2 hour drive away and getting her to stay in will drive her stir crazy I am seriously considering bring her to stay with us for a month or so, how are you all coping with the problem ? Supermarket shelves are being stripped of basic essentials and I can see this getting worse your opinions please gentlemen. Keep well regards kop
Here we go again chaps back where we started in March i am bringing mum down today she wont cope another lockdown , gutted we now cant vist our new grandaughter it was all arranged for next weekend keep posting chap keep us all our sprits up and sane. Kind regards kop

Attachments

• 1604212572884207941118965226057.jpg
    1604212572884207941118965226057.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20201101-012933~2.png
    Screenshot_20201101-012933~2.png
    426.7 KB · Views: 15
It’s a load of bollocks in my opinion. I have a elderly relative who’s 95, she’s big into the church community and seems to know thousands of old folks....she’s regularly at funerals pre and post covid, strange how she’s not mentioned one Covid related death.

It’s a load of bollocks in my opinion. I have a elderly relative who’s 95, she’s big into the church community and seems to know thousands of old folks....she’s regularly at funerals pre and post covid, strange how she’s not mentioned one Covid related death.
There are people on this thread who have relatives who have Covid.

I’m not surprised...seems like since they started testing everyone, loads of people already have it and don’t even have any symptoms.

That is certainly true but it has still killed alot of vulnerable folks and your elderly relative who is a magnificent age may just be fortunate or not mentioned the fact that their deaths were Covid related. Besides the fact that she can't attend church or funeral during lockdown (limited attendance at least) respectfully she has probably outlived the majority of her friends anyway and well before the arrival of Covid.

Last edited:
That is certainly true but it has still killed alot of vulnerable folks and your elderly relative who is a magnificent age may just be fortunate or not mentioned the fact that their deaths were Covid related. Besides the fact that she can't attend church or funeral during lockdown (limited attendance at least) respectfully she has probably outlived the majority of her friends anyway and well before the arrival of Covid.

You know old woman are on the phone right? Constantly gossiping!

It just seems now all kids are back at school, BM bargains and Lidl is like Black Friday every day....Covid is out there and done it’s worsts.

I really do feel for those folk who hang off the governments every word. Anyway you make your point very well & cheers

Careful what you say Jim there are people on here who had family and friends who have died from covid the first lock down we as a family avoided it completely, but this second time we have had ten members of our extended family who have had it tested and diagnosed luckily they have all recovered, but this is not over by along way and sadly more innocent people will loose there lives before their time, 40 elderly people have contracted covid in a care home in Gorleston brought in a staff member who is now very unwell herself she is only in her late thirties, four of the staff members regularly visit Gregg's for coffees and food stuff where my wife works so obviously this is a worry. Keep well all kop

Last edited:

She may not have heard of or understands Covid.
She is a lucky one, pure luck or genetic luck that she is fit and well.
There are plenty of people dying 25 - 30 years younger than her.

You can, but really shouldn't use her for / as an example whether the Covid Virus exists.

My old man who smoked since he was 12 and died just over 20 years ago always used to say to his nagging kids that we shouldn't worry because he knew someone who had a 60 a day habit and lived to be 98. Unfortunately he wasn't one of those and died about 40 yrs short after coughing his lungs up into my lap and dying in my arms. He didn't die of Covid but he did die of a preventable disease and Covid is preventable if the necessary precautions are taken but there are always exceptions, always outliers.

Reply to Someone got to start this one 🤔 in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock