Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Smelly hot water - unvented in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

The foreman at one of my estates tells me a tenant is complaining of smelly hot water. He says the previous tenant had the cylinder and boiler stats up too high so the water would steam, he has changed this. Our man took out the heater and shovelled out the limescale in case it was that smelling but still it continues apparently. While doing this, the tank remained dry so no apparent contamination from the primaries.
Before I get involved, anyone had this before?
There is no HW circ pump.

Thanks

Similar to a car fart on big acceleration,

have you checked the filling loop i had one on a combi with the guts drilled out andleft open

I know of an instance where a cat climbed in to an unvented cylinder during manufacture and was trapped in it when immersion was put in subsequently died. Whole cylinder was installed in the uk (not country of manufacture) customers complained hot taps were blocking up all the time and the water looked and smelt strange.
Cooked cat anyone.
think about that when you brush your teeth at your mixer tap.

Could be the expansion vessel faulty or a ch type used on potable water, I've had a couple like this.

I know of an instance where a cat climbed in to an unvented cylinder during manufacture and was trapped in it when immersion was put in subsequently died. Whole cylinder was installed in the uk (not country of manufacture) customers complained hot taps were blocking up all the time and the water looked and smelt strange.
Cooked cat anyone.
think about that when you brush your teeth at your mixer tap.

that was just the local chineese soaking before cooking it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Smelly hot water - unvented in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock