Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Smelly heating water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Called out too a heavily sludged heating system. Went to take a little indicative sample at a few radiators and the water stank. I mean it honked, smelt like strong cat Sod. I have often had the little gassy smell when bleeding a rad but this smells like the system was full of urine. Not a small system either 19 rads. All the same. Anyone come across this??

Leak sealer is a good shout. The tenant told me that the landlords “handyman” put something in the system to sort a leak. I’ve honestly just never smelt anything like it on a heating system.

Leak sealer is a good shout. The tenant told me that the landlords “handyman” put something in the system to sort a leak. I’ve honestly just never smelt anything like it on a heating system.

It maybe more a mix of the two chemicals . It does sound pretty horrendous lol

Reply to Smelly heating water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help me with an ongoing issue I've had since I had an annual service on my combi boiler, which is a Potterton Performa 24. Literally...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
A bit of an unusual topic, as these are very rare in the UK. I went back to Poland to commission, test and tune the 20kW solid fuel boiler and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock