Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Smart meter. Or, not so smart meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stani

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Has anyone had a problem where the meter has shut down and then no gas released. My parents rang yesterday heating not working or gas fire, they are under contract, so engineer came out, thought is was governor, (sensible) asked for National Grid who came out but were unable to change meter, because it's a smart meter and needs provider to replace. They rang me to explain and the valve inside meter had shut down. He did manage to get it going, but couldn't guarantee it would last.

My parents have been told to switch off their smart meter as there is a fault with a batch of them and a replacement is being organised. Not sure how or which part they have had to switch off.

I've had one in an area of abysmal mobile phone network coverage I may be mistaken but I have a feeling it's struggling to get a signal and update, this is on a prepay job.

It is sometimes possible to kick start them again. There is a big issue with smart meters at the moment in that generally speaking, the network operation will not get involved with them. This leads to further delays as customer then has to contact supplier,,etc etc. Also Network operators generally run later,more anti social hours whereas meter operators dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Smart meter. Or, not so smart meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock