Search the forum,

Discuss Small brown marks, like dots on the toilets and basins in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

speedoman

Hello

I’ve just purchased new toilets and basins manufactured by Roca.

There are a few small brown marks, like dots on the toilets and basins.

Can anything be done to remove them?

Thanks for your time and advice!

special sanitary rubber should remove them, they look like the blue bit of the rubber on those white/blue rubbers you used to get as a kid.

Could be spots caused by iron filings from grinding. May be difficult to remove and may damage the glaze - I would complain and ask for exchange. I had this happen once before and it was down to work being done in the factory and grindings landing on the basins stored below.

Last edited:
Hi

Thank you very much to both of you for getting back to me.

I’ve got two toilets and two basins and I was thinking of calling my supplier to get an exchange but I thought perhaps the replacements will also have a few small brown marks, like dots also.

I should of mentioned in my original post that my supplier did give me a grey bathroom rubber.

I did try this and it did not remove the small brown marks, like dots.

I did a google search and I found a bathroom rubber manufactured by cramer. Is this a better one to buy or is there one you recommend?

In your experience do these small brown marks, like dots appear from other manufacturers like ideal standard and armitage shanks?

Any other method to try and remove these small brown marks like dots?

Thanks for your help!!

Hi

Thank you very much to both of you for getting back to me.

I’ve got two toilets and two basins and I was thinking of calling my supplier to get an exchange but I thought perhaps the replacements will also have a few small brown marks, like dots also.

I should of mentioned in my original post that my supplier did give me a grey bathroom rubber.

I did try this and it did not remove the small brown marks, like dots.

I did a google search and I found a bathroom rubber manufactured by cramer. Is this a better one to buy or is there one you recommend?

In your experience do these small brown marks, like dots appear from other manufacturers like ideal standard and armitage shanks?

Any other method to try and remove these small brown marks like dots?

Thanks for your help!!
Proper sanitary rubbers are v expensive, well for a rubber anyway, they should get rid of rust/aluminium marks, it takes alot of rubbing though.
Get them swapped!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Small brown marks, like dots on the toilets and basins in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi folks, sorry to have to post this but we got a new bathroom a few months ago and the toilet seat was loose at one side. The cistern is integrated and the seat is top-fixing. I assumed it was quick release but couldn't find a button to push, there are no little grommit hidden screws or...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Hello , ive recently gone out on my own, i have been working in the industry 15years now /g3 qualified and i would just like to get some advice from the knowledgable people on this forum! i have done a lot of installing but haven't really got involved with the design as somebody else has done...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Hi, Any help, advice or personal experience appreciated. We are supplied by a lead pipe but on a shared supply. I am about house 4 out of a run of 6 or 7. When tested by Affinity Water no other houses seemed to be drawing water. If you were to run a hose and another house draws water the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock