Discuss Sludge flush failure DIY resolution (or how to do the proper & cheap job yourself). in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sludge flush failure DIY resolution (or how to do the proper & cheap job yourself

Don't think I'll delete it but I might put a footnote on it.

Sludge flush failure DIY resolution (or how to do the proper & cheap job yourse

Uprating pipework and putting faults right aside, power flush is lots easier/cheaper, Shirley.

Re: Sludge flush failure DIY resolution (or how to do the proper & cheap job yourse

Footnote added.

Re: Sludge flush failure DIY resolution (or how to do the proper & cheap job yourself

no thats inc vat. and a free car air freshener :)

Plus a glimpse at the calender. :smilewinkgrin:

Its a shame in my opinion that the powerflushing business can be open to abuse and
overcharging.

In this case it probably was a job for a professional for 99% of home owners but it was good to get the full story.

In other cases a full blown powerflush is not essential and chemicals introduced to the system and circulated for a period followed by a mains pressure flush thro will be
quite sufficient.

However after the job fitting a good magnetic and non mag filter is essential as is getting the central heating water condition correct.

centralheatking

Don't think I'll delete it but I might put a footnote on it.

Hi croppie,

On reading the long post again the O.P. describes a power flush with a budget cost of £5,000.00.

Doesn't look right to me.

Peteheat

Not how I read it,
early on OP states

"will need a new CH system and been quoted 5K+ GBP for the Job?" --New_setup !

Last edited:

Hi croppie,

On reading the long post again the O.P. describes a power flush with a budget cost of £5,000.00.

Doesn't look right to me.

You had me going then Pete. It was a full system for 5k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sludge flush failure DIY resolution (or how to do the proper & cheap job yourself). in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. A couple of things. 1 am I better fabricating bends in 14 mm copper for my ch or are 90 degree elbows fine, ref flow, friction ect. 2...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock