Discuss Slow leak? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Suzy82

DSCF3717.jpgDSCF3718.jpgHi all

I'm a newbie on here and am hoping someone can help! Back in Sept I noticed 2 areas of damp on my living room ceiling (under the airing cupboard) there was a slow leak in the airer from a pipe that the plumber fixed.

Monitoring the ceiling it seems that one of the damp patches has stayed the same in size, the other has grown slightly. Could this be the old leak drying out or another leak?

Thanks in advance
Suzy

Last edited by a moderator:
If its still damp it's still leaking you sure it's not just stained

Sorry suzy
It's hard to tell but just looks like its stained the one that got bigger may have had water lying and was still getting bigger but looks just like stains now in pictures

The stain will never go away will need painting
But if it's dry to touch it should be fine
Or you could drill a small hole in stained area to see if it's dry above stain
If it has stopped leaking should be dry now

yeah, it wouldn't take since September to dry out. If it's wet still theres a leak.
Call plumber, if in my area, call me!!! (only joking)

yo will likely need to seal the stain with pva or similar. if you just repaint the stain very probably will come back through.

draw line around it lightly with a pencil as you will be painting it anyway, then you can be absolutely sure the stain isn't getting any bigger.

I drew a line round the edges in sept- that's how I know 1 has grown and 1 hasn't... Don't think it has gown in the last 2 weeks though. I noticed next door has the same marks on their ceiling in the same spot (plus more marks). Rented though so tenant doesn't know the history of it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Slow leak? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

There's a leak in the ceiling of my Dad's living room which is on the ground floor and has a bedroom directly above it...
Replies
Views
C
I live in an ex local authority end terrace house. I am unsure if I have an underground leak from a water pipe? Scottish Water tell me they can't...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The...
Replies
Views
The pipework around the hot water tank in the airing cupboard has developed several leaks after a chemical flush. It's an open vented system...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock