Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss simple small jobs????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumben

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
ive just bean to a family members house on the way home to fix a leak, it was only a perished rubber on the basin trap, but its got me thinking seen as I didn't charge was only 5 minutes and had a spare rubber on the van, if this was a normal job for a customer what do you all justify charging, normal hourly rate plus materials or...

Normal rate + part
You decide if full, half or quarter of hour charged

My normal small job charge. Covers upto the first 45 minutes to an hour, depending on how far I have had to travel.

The amount of times have said ach a tenner will do..(after a 10 min job).drove away then thought bugger 1/2 hr drive each way...fuel etc.
Should do minimum charge grr

My minimum charge covers up to the first hour. Sometimes I'll charge less for a very simple job as the goodwill this creates is a valuable thing.

At the end of the day its only a small/simple job because you know what you are doing. Dont be afraid to charge for your expertise and knowledge.

At the end of the day its only a small/simple job because you know what you are doing. Dont be afraid to charge for your expertise and knowledge.

Very well said.

Chances are if it was that simple to everyone they would do it and not phone a professional. Be fair with your prices and most people will be happy with it some will moan and say you were only here for 5 minutes and just tell them next time you will take an hour and a half and charge them more if they want!

I've thought of giving an invoice with all charges you would normally give and at the bottom saying, no charge . That way they see that you are actually giving them something of value. They may then appreciate what you are doing for them. Or maybe not.:deal:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to simple small jobs????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey guys, recently had a bit of a dispute over a quote asking me to break it down etc saying they can buy this from X for Y.. how much is...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Last year, whilst working for a plumbing firm, we managed our team and office with a web and mobile app. Rather than use anything off the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but my family and I are starting to crack. I'll start at the beginning, and maybe someone will see...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock