Discuss Silly question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one for you.

I have a red handle lever vavle, obviously indicates hot water. I need to install a blue one on cold water, but to get the job done is there any reason why I can't install this one and change the handle after? Just not sure if there is a difference. I know the yellow ones are different as they're rated for gas.

I know it's a silly one. Thanks.

Stick it in and wrap some blue insulation tape round the handle to indicate cold water. Or a wrap of blue tape either side of the valve to indicate cold.

usually a 13mm nut holding the handle on

but i would wrap handle and label, not worth the hasstle to return

btw you dont get blue/red ballofix isolators, so pipe ID may be the best all round option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Silly question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking for guidance to access the cartridge of a leaking single handle bathroom faucet. It has no visible markings on it to determine...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Looking for some advice. My mother recently had her boiler changed but in the process the water had to be turned on and off as you would...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping to replace an old system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 627 system boiler, thats the one with the diverter valve so no...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a tank Bradford White 50 gallon gas hot water heater for a 1700 sq ft home with 2 1/2 baths, HOWEVER, I am only one person living...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Sorry I'm not a plumber so go easy on me. I have a triton shower (see images) below, I don't know the model as it was here before me...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock