Currently reading:
showers £140 supplied & fitted

Discuss showers £140 supplied & fitted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyplumb

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
this advert has been in our local paper for over a year now 003.jpg

it surely cant be done for this price

You can get a thermostatic shower for £79.99 inc vat from Screwfix, there will be a small profit to be made if your desperate for work!

can if its electric at £50 and a more or less straight swap!

Its a very good ad to get you into someones house and quote for a complete new shower install.....

customer 'is your ad right you install and supply a shower for £140'

yes

Oh come round and have a look then

sorry, its a like for like swap not a complete install, that'll cost you £500

Seen same sort of advert for different jobs.
Let's them get their foot through the doorway, then they up the price because the job is harder, more materials!
In a 1 hour, easy swap shower job, & using a cheapish shower, there is profit. Rare to find an easy job though!
I would doubt the installers competence & honesty, BUT, they might be alright.

£100 for a shower tray, £100 for an electric unit, £20 for cable, £20 for plumbing fittings, a full day rate of £100+. Probably much more.

If they are on a combi, then a mixer is an option. A cylinder system will require a booster pump....

What exactly are you getting for £140 I wonder.....

You cant just state a given price without seeing the job first. I often wonder whether some tradesmen have any qualifications, or public liability for that matter.

B&Q are doin a triton cara £55 8.5kw at the moment picked one up as a direct replacement ideal for the kiddies en-suite
So £140 not bad for a hour and arfs work!

B&Q are doin a triton cara £55 8.5kw at the moment picked one up as a direct replacement ideal for the kiddies en-suite
So £140 not bad for a hour and arfs work!
Only problem with Triton, in my experience, is you might be replacing it not too far in the future! £140 is not way off, for a very easy swap, as you say. I have done some in 1hour, so possible to do cheap.

Last edited:
I do fixed price dishwasher/ washing machine installs, provided it is being sited next to sink.

but can not see how this could be done for a fixed price, all depends on type shower, fittings i.e.

it does'nt say from £140, so the advert is having you believe it's a fixed price. the problem with the advert is it's not clear which type of shower you are getting or if it's a price for replacing an existing shower or a completely new install. As already said, it gets you in the door though.

It's illegal advertising if it isn't a fixed price. Must state "from" or somewhere in the small print that this price is based on (whatever you're installation requirements are).

Cheapo electric showers start at £49, most expensive part is the cable back to RCD/Main box.

i done a straight swap for £80 once, was there well under an hour, easy money. obviously customer supplied shower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to showers £140 supplied & fitted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock