Discuss showers £140 supplied & fitted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyplumb

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
this advert has been in our local paper for over a year now 003.jpg

it surely cant be done for this price

You can get a thermostatic shower for £79.99 inc vat from Screwfix, there will be a small profit to be made if your desperate for work!

can if its electric at £50 and a more or less straight swap!

Its a very good ad to get you into someones house and quote for a complete new shower install.....

customer 'is your ad right you install and supply a shower for £140'

yes

Oh come round and have a look then

sorry, its a like for like swap not a complete install, that'll cost you £500

Seen same sort of advert for different jobs.
Let's them get their foot through the doorway, then they up the price because the job is harder, more materials!
In a 1 hour, easy swap shower job, & using a cheapish shower, there is profit. Rare to find an easy job though!
I would doubt the installers competence & honesty, BUT, they might be alright.

£100 for a shower tray, £100 for an electric unit, £20 for cable, £20 for plumbing fittings, a full day rate of £100+. Probably much more.

If they are on a combi, then a mixer is an option. A cylinder system will require a booster pump....

What exactly are you getting for £140 I wonder.....

You cant just state a given price without seeing the job first. I often wonder whether some tradesmen have any qualifications, or public liability for that matter.

B&Q are doin a triton cara £55 8.5kw at the moment picked one up as a direct replacement ideal for the kiddies en-suite
So £140 not bad for a hour and arfs work!

B&Q are doin a triton cara £55 8.5kw at the moment picked one up as a direct replacement ideal for the kiddies en-suite
So £140 not bad for a hour and arfs work!
Only problem with Triton, in my experience, is you might be replacing it not too far in the future! £140 is not way off, for a very easy swap, as you say. I have done some in 1hour, so possible to do cheap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to showers £140 supplied & fitted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

plumber has not fitted water supply pipes level to tiles in shower, one side is approx 5-7 mm out of line, can i fit some sort of extension to...
Replies
Views
Hi Guy's, Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock