Search the forum,

Discuss shower tray not emptying quick enuf in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

handsomejackuk

my shower tray don seem to emty very kwik i did pour some drain cleaner down there, and it do swirl more now ... every now and then it do not swirl and stops swirling why is tihs.... somebody said to me today to put your foot on the shower oultet now and then and pump it... will tihs help it swirl more... and go down bettrer...?

plaesas advise...

Have you removed the hair collector from the trap

It usually pulls out. Some times you will have to turn it slightly to get it out.

This can help. Once you have done this. It may be good to flush some more water down to free up and wash away any other debris.

If you still having issues. It may be best to call a local plumber in. You can post on the looking for a plumber forum for someone local to come to your aid

my dorta do take out the chrome plugger all the time becos she thinks it do help the water to flow down but i thikn it does clog more with it out..... i wos wundering if i could use my compressor too blast out all the muck is this doable....

i have a real long tube from my shed from my compresor... can i do this ok ? if i make up a seal to use on the plugger...and blow it all out...

I wouldn't suggest such a high pressure of air. You may risk damaging pipe work or fittings.

Could you post a picture of the waste. We may be able to advise if there is another component to remove

If you do post a photo. Do one with chrome part on. And one with chrome part removed.

thanx but.... i got my air bag from mah compressor on a tapered door stop and blasted 150psi down the sucker... all the crud seems to be gone now and it does swirl a lot bettrer... i keep it clean now with costic too... thanxs for hte help...

Last edited by a moderator:
A great thread, made I laugh, possibly inappropriately.
My mind couldn't get rid of the age of Joe Dolche singing 'shuttup a your face'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to shower tray not emptying quick enuf in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning towards the waste end though. The shower tray is pushed underneath the tiles. My mate did the tiling and I now realise that we should have put the shower...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a stone-resin shower tray, new ceramic tiles on the floor and half tiling on the walls. All the work...
Replies
Views
D
Hi I have installed three Just Trays shower trays in the house with the tray compatible JT90mm concealed wastes. Just Trays website says a 90mm rapid waste outlet that allows 48 litres of water to be carried away each minute. Not for me i'm at the end of my tether the wastes always need...
Replies
Views
dredd29
D
Hello everyone. Please could you give me any advice? I am a student in a building with other rooms and studios. I have a room and en-suite shower. I use have to use a friend’s shower at the moment. Since I moved in to my room the water in shower has now and then been slow to drain, or...
Replies
Views
I have installed 3 JT shower trays with the compatible JT90mm concealed wastes. I'm at the end of my tether the wastes always need plunging every few weeks and the trays fill up with water quickly. The showers are standard with 200mm diameter size rainheads, so don't emit excess water. I just...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock