Search the forum,

Discuss Shower mixer valve inlet centres (what does +-5mm mean) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've come across a few thermostatic shower mixer valves where the technical spec states the inlet centres are 150mm (+- 5mm). What does the +-5mm mean, if on the valve body the distance of the inlet holes are fixed at 150mm.

Does it mean that the inlet centres on the wall can be between 145-155mm and for example if the inlet centres on the wall were spaced at 145mm the valve body will still fit?

The + or - 5mm is the manufacturer's tolerance, they can supply between 145 - 155 c/c and you have to fit to what you get.

The + or - 5mm is the manufacturer's tolerance, they can supply between 145 - 155 c/c and you have to fit to what you get.

Have a look at this one - Bristan Zing. It states dimensions for Fitting: 135-165mm adjustable inlet centres.

If the nut on the valve body is fixed at a certain distance, how would it fit to an inlet centre within the above 135-165mm range. I'm i missing something? Surley the nut and inlet need to have the same distance between their centres for a snug fit?

Your usually safe with 150mm centres unless it's a small Mira etc @ 120mm centres

That would be adjustable centres, this side of a tile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower mixer valve inlet centres (what does +-5mm mean) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
I have a mixer shower with standard 15cm inlet pipe spacing designed to accept vertical (downward) inlet pipes. The plumbing from my wall has two inlet pipes at the right (15cm) spacing, but they emerge straight out from the wall horizontally instead of descending vertically. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
Hi Guy's, Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was working fine for a coupe of months however now the valve has started misbehaving which is resulting in having to turn the temperature valve round further...
Replies
Views
I'm in the process of refurbishing my bathroom. I'll be replacing the existing bath with a walk in shower. Will be installing a thermostatic mixer valve fed by mains on the cold side and a combi boiler (Logic Combi c30) for thr hot. Ideally what I'd like to do is have the mixer valve at the...
Replies
Views
Need a bit of advice for installing a shower mixer valve. Issue Im having is that the tiler put the tiles on and the gap has went from 150mm to 135mm. I have 2 copper pipes coming out of the wall and have the mixer valve already measuring 150mm. Ive two offset connectors but not sure how to...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, in order to replace the solenoid on my shower I need to take it off the wall (bad shower design). I've got all the electrics disconnected, it's detached from the wall itself and I've unscrewed where the water pipe from the wall connects to the shower inlet (I'm sorry I don't know the right...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock