Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Shock arrester or mini expansion vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flue man

Fitted a baxi duo tec last week , and the hot water cycle starts , as the cold water is used, spoke to baxi and they said , I need to fit a shock arrester/mini expansion vessel , baxi say this is becoming really common , it's never happened to me before , can this be fitted anywhere on the cold water circuit , even on the capped cold pipe in the cylinder cupboard? Thanks

Very common with NRC in meter or water softener / combi mate type, I.e nrv.

It would have to go close to the boiler --between the boiler cold inlet and the closest tee piece.

I had one a few months ago . Couldnt work out why as no meters , softners or non returns . I fixed it but never knew what was causing it. I put it down to the boiler ( custard bought a glowworm flexicom for about 500).

I had one a few months ago . Couldnt work out why as no meters , softners or non returns . I fixed it but never knew what was causing it. I put it down to the boiler ( custard bought a glowworm flexicom for about 500).

Sometimes lever type taps shut of quick do it as creates shockwave, I'v been told to fit a NRV then an expansioni vessel after to take the expansion rather than just a vessel. Can't remember the type now but in boilers they've (the newer baxi's anyway) changed the flow switch (think to the turbine type) to stop this problem. Was told that on one of their training days.

intergas combis can suffer as well from this especially with ceramic taps, as mentioned a shock arrestor cures it normally

Old rubber washer ball-taps use to cause water hammer before dip pipes came in, water boards would not allow dip pipes they thought it would cause back syphoning, old plumbers used to wipe a branch joint to the ball tap on the gravity tank, this was a short 1/2" lead up stand, this was a mini shock arrester, near to the source , water hammer was caused by waving in the tank, another piece of complete useless information from an old git, long live push-fit and water hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shock arrester or mini expansion vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Hey, I've got a Grant Vortex that's leaking water from the seal around the expansion vessel - it's the round type about 50cm wide. The system is...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi,a customer of mine has a combi boiler and they don't have an expansion vessel for the potable hot water supply. I know there's an expansion...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock