Discuss Shared water with neighbour advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Welsh Treacle

Three years ago I sold my property and moved into a small barn across the road. The water supply came to the main house, and I installed a meter off this original supply which reads how much water I have used. There is one bill from Welsh water that comes to my neighbour, (owner of the house), and I compensate for the water I use which can be read accurately from my meter.
My neighbour has said that they want me to get my own supply directly from the mains. However, the mains connection is about 500 metres up a country lane, across a public road, and would require digging across neighbour's fields.
When I sold the house, they were notified by the solicitor of the water supply, and rights for that to continue along with access rights to the meter, which is on their property, (so they can also read it when they want to).

My neighbour is indicating that it is a legal requirement for me to get my own supply and that they would not be able to sell their property in the future with the current arrangement.

Please can anyone give me some advice on this. Thank you

They're bluffing.
If they wouldn't be able to resell, then they wouldn't have been able to buy it.

If they want you to have your own supply, they will have to pay for it.

if you have set up your documentation correctly, then its tough luck on their part, how ever it it had been me I would have put my own supply in as if they happen to dig through your pipe, then it wont get repaired as quick as a water co would do. pesonally a £100 worth of mdpe and hiring a pipe trencher for a day is cheaper than falling out with your neighbours, and you should have done that to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shared water with neighbour advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a question, I want my flat to be separately connected to the mains water supply for water coming into my kitchen and bathroom instead of...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone, if anyone could please offer advice on this issue it would help me with a massive issue regarding the water supply in my flat...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I need to replace the kitchen tap, all my neighbours have two single taps in their kitchen and bathroom whereas I have a single...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock