Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss servicing tool kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

woodytheplumber

I have picked up loads of advice from various plumbers and gas fitters over the years and I am after a little bit more, what tools do you guys use that make your job easier for servicing and repairs mainly like the obscure queer tool that you use once a month is what I am meaning thanks in advance

ha ha I do apologise I think you know what I meant no offence meant in anyway shape or form
h

Tiny knipex Cobras.
8mm ring spanner - ideals
10mm vde driver - valliant glow worms Baxi

Decent torch

Angled screwdriver with changeable bits from Poofix. Normally only has a 3mm slotted in it. Handy when you need to remove a clock and its fitted 25mm from worktop........

Mini spanner set , using more and more , 6-14mm

An inch paintbrush with the handle cut off. Just right for getting into dusty fans.

A nut riveter saves having to call baxi and wait for them to repair loose securing nuts on the solo and 100 he style heat exchangers

swivel head ratchet spanners. Britool do a nice set.

Mini knipex cobras as previously suggested.

bent/off set needle nose pliers, I have vice grip ones that work well

loooooong Phillips screwdriver

Schrader valve extension piece

heat sink compound

copper grease

black mamba gloves

nice selection of machine screws

socket set is a must

multi meter

volt pen

dust sheets cut to cover the kitchen work top

stubby screwdrivers

fan oil, wd40 and a rag

magnetic parts dish. (Cheers billy for that idea)

trigger/spray bottle with soapy water in it

blue roll looots of blue roll

Oh and almost forgot I have a few leads about 20cm long with crocodile clips on each end (insulated) well handy to act as bridging wire when fault testing

An inch paintbrush with the handle cut off. Just right for getting into dusty fans.

A nut riveter saves having to call baxi and wait for them to repair loose securing nuts on the solo and 100 he style heat exchangers

swivel head ratchet spanners. Britool do a nice set.

Mini knipex cobras as previously suggested.

bent/off set needle nose pliers, I have vice grip ones that work well

loooooong Phillips screwdriver

Schrader valve extension piece

heat sink compound

copper grease

black mamba gloves

nice selection of machine screws

socket set is a must

multi meter

volt pen

dust sheets cut to cover the kitchen work top

stubby screwdrivers

fan oil, wd40 and a rag

magnetic parts dish. (Cheers billy for that idea)

trigger/spray bottle with soapy water in it

blue roll looots of blue roll

What oil do you use for fans?

Laco do a good oil with a long spout - I think it's called zoom spout or something

cheers lads some great suggestions there I have a lot of what was said but some great little addition I can now add to my servicing bag

Oh and almost forgot I have a few leads about 20cm long with crocodile clips on each end (insulated) well handy to act as bridging wire when fault testing

I don't know why, but I've never thought of doing that. Definitely going to invest in some crocodile clips!

The ones you have, can you get them on to thermistors? I've been looking for something to use to get on to thermistors in awkward places which you can't quite get your test probes on to. I've been asking my installer mate to cut some of the wiring harness off boilers, so I can use that, but he keeps forgetting!

Last edited:
I don't know why, but I've never thought of doing that. Definitely going to invest in some crocodile clips!

The ones you have, can you get them on to thermistors? I've been looking for something to use to get on to thermistors in awkward places which you can't quite get your test probes on to. I've been asking my installer mate to cut some of the wiring harness off boilers, so I can use that, but he keeps forgetting!

you can just about get them on with the leads here's some similar to mine

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electrical-Crocodile-Insulated-alligator-battery/dp/B00CWATVVU

a lead with a test probe on each end can be handy as well sometimes you just want to live something see if it works

Cling film for putting over pcb boards in case water ingress into electrics when your changing divertors and other components with water still left in them

Cling film for putting over pcb boards in case water ingress into electrics when your changing divertors and other components with water still left in them

never thought of that one! Blue tac to hold screws on tip of driver as u poke them into the black void at the back of a boiler.

Nut riveter is genius. Could've done with one the other day. Straight on Internet for one of them.

T 20 , 40 screwdriver a good fine strong tipped screwdriver for tight test points on gas valves Foot pump digital tyre pressure gauge for expansion vessels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to servicing tool kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock