Discuss Self isolation exemption for gas engineers? in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Sid Viscous

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Evening chaps, anyone happen to know if gas service engineers are exempt from self isolation if they've been abroad? I've checked the Gov website which mentions workers in the gas supply industry but it's a bit vague. Also checked GS website, again not much help...

As above, I would say definitely not.
GSE would be classed as Gas Service Industry, not Supply.

Utilities would be exempt as they would have their own monitoring systems in place, not just because their work is vital.

Can't remember where it was but a Fuel supply depot has banned their drivers from having the Bluetooth NHS tracker active whilst at work because as above they have thier own monitoring systems in place.

Yep its quarantine and no way round it. Apparently they do check as well. Lot of people being fined for it.

To be brutally honest no sympathy from me. Everybody is aware that if you go abroad then rules can change at the drop of a hat.

Reply to Self isolation exemption for gas engineers? in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively...
Replies
Views
Folks Me again I am at my wits end. I want to replace the boiler but I am on my backside and cannot afford to. I have been getting an...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock