Discuss Self employed - work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi

So what do you define as work being self employed?

For example, your normal duties, going to the bank? Writing invoices? Marketing & leaflet dropping? Quotes? Van maintenance?

What do you think?

All of the above and more.

It all has to be done.
If you had someone else to do it, you would have to pay them.
Make sure you have covered the time these tasks in your overheads.

Allow admin time when quoting larger jobs - much like charging a call out fee on smaller jobs.

Anything and everything that even slightly relates to work, is work,

The only real difference is no ones paying you, and you can either do it for free or add it into your overheads, but you cam choose what to charge to either keep your prices down or up

Thx. The reason I ask is for a tax credit application

They have me & wife as joint claim but they have me down a self employed but at 0 hrs! They've asked me what I do in work. I've told them all I can think of as we should be getting more.

Obviously when I start earning more credits will reduce. Soon I hope

Thx. The reason I ask is for a tax credit application

They have me & wife as joint claim but they have me down a self employed but at 0 hrs! They've asked me what I do in work. I've told them all I can think of as we should be getting more.

Obviously when I start earning more credits will reduce. Soon I hope

If you need a lift of things you do as work;
Clean inside of van
Clean outside of van
Clear rear of van
Tool maintenance/cleaning
Van restock
Van maintenance
Online business presence (advertising)
Flyers posting
Replying to poetical customers
Quoting for jobs
Estimating for jobs
Actual work
Invoices
Posting invoices
Collecting materials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Self employed - work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi all I'm a limited company that's been running for 12 years and I have a lot of ongoing work, 99% commercial, and a lot of it plumbing, in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
Hiya, just starting out self-employed so I'm a little unsure what to charge... What do you all charge for call outs, time, specific jobs? If you...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock